Do any ios users use a PC instead of a Mac?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I hear there pretty great. Do windows laptops really have performance issues? Or does it depend how much money you spend?

In my experience your Windows experience is directly proportional to the amount of money you spend. All your money should go to the CPU/GPU and screen. You can upgrade the HDD and RAM later for super cheap.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am sorry to say I am still in the PC age but I built it myself with components I wanted still using Windows 7 Pro with no bloatware. Just what I need with high end components and just mirrored and installed an SSD 2 days ago and the boot time is incredible. I just cant handle the cost or need for a MAC at this time.

Amamba

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
All businesses and people I interact with or travel to use PC. I would be very limited in accessing my data do or collaborating with others if I used Mac, also the cost would be very high. I use Excel with macros, Word, PowerPoint (where I typically have to add my data to a shared presentation) and a few specialized tools. I can use my home computer to do many work related tasks if a quick need arises, using MS Office that only cost me $10 via some kind of employer sponsored program. I can't use free suites like OpenOffice because they don't maintain the formatting of presentations and spreadsheets very well. If I had a Mac, I'd need to do everything on my work laptop, which is a chore sometimes.

Of course if I was in a profession that doesn't require much remote collaboration, or odd graphics / publishing, Mac would be rest.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Wanting to get a new computer, but can't decide whether to get a good Windows laptop or pay more for a MacBook. I don't make a ton of money. So I'm not sure if the more expensive MacBook is best or not. But I want something that'll be good.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Wanting to get a new computer, but can't decide whether to get a good Windows laptop or pay more for a MacBook. I don't make a ton of money. So I'm not sure if the more expensive MacBook is best or not. But I want something that'll be good.

You can get a great laptop regardless if whether you choose Windows or Mac. Think about what your budget is and whether you already have a software investment. I'd start with those questions.

via the phone

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
If Microsoft had put there financial might and some passion in developing there mobile operating system in the beginning they would have got a jump on Apple and they wouldn't be seeing the vast majority of there PC users carrying iPhones and droids around

They dropped the cast iron safe in the mobile sphere big time

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Is the reason for people on here not owning a Mac a price thing? Or just simple preference?

For me, it's simple preference. However, I have a quandary. I don't like Windows 8. So I'll have to either buy used or scour the web for a Windows 7 machine.

That or get a Mac.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a PC server for gaming and hosting Remote Desktop connections. I've had some beautiful Macs though and I'd be lying if I said I didn't sometimes miss them.

via the phone

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen