Do any ios users use a PC instead of a Mac?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Might be a tad weird, but I'm curious if everyone here that uses a iPad and iPhone dosent also use a Mac, but a PC? Right now that's my setup. I have a iphone , iPad, appletv, but I use the family PC.

I don't own a computer that's just mine. And if I were to get one , I'm not sure my desktop would be a Mac, but maybe a PC because of the gaming factor. I would maybe get a MacBook, but that might be overkill to have a desktop and a laptop.

This got me thinking because I did just download office 365 ( free trial) on my PC and downloaded the iPad apps , and I'm liking it a lot from the first impression and it seems like something I'd stick with. Wonder how the Mac versions would be.

Anyway, does anyone also use a PC in addition to their apple products ? How does that combo mesh?

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That's me and I'd guess that the majority of iOS users probably use Windows PCs because of how prevalent they are. I have an iPad, iPhone, and ThinkPad

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I'm also a PC guy running the most criticized win version ?Vista?

It's actually the best windows since 3.1 in my opinion

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Huh, honestly figured everyone would be opposed to using PCs. Good to see I'm not alone at least, ha ha.

I'm just so used to windows on desktop I guess. Never even owned a Mac. If I did get a Mac, I wonder if office 365 would be as good as it is on PC? Or if if just start using iWork. My thing with iWork would be compatibility with other programs.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think you can pretty safely assume that most people who own iPhone's do not own a Mac of some sort...considering the amount of iPhones that are sold in total vs. the amount of Mac's sold.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Everyone in my house has either an iPhone, iPod, iPad or some combination of those. We only have windows pc's. I just picked up a laptop running windows 8. We also have another laptop and a desktop running vista. They are both old and need to be replaced. I would like to have a MacBook but have not allocated the cash for that purchase yet. Maybe this year.

Sent using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a Windows laptop just because many of the games and apps I like are on there and nowhere else, so it's really just personal choice.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, my PC is my main gaming rig that has all my music and stuff on it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I think you'd find that the vast majority of iOS users are on a PC instead of Mac. Like Sean said, looking at the number of iOS devices sold vs. Macs sold, there are far more iOS devices than Macs out there. It helps that the cost barrier of entry for an iOS device is much lower than a Mac.

I'd like to get a Mac someday, however my Windows PC works perfectly fine now and I don't have a compelling reason to switch over, yet.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have either Windows Vista, Windows 7 Ultimate or Linux running on all of my computers although I am very interested to hear about the rumour I hear of a Retina Macbook Air.

Four of my desktops run Win 7 and the last runs Linux but is little more than a server anyway, so it doesn't really count.

I have two laptops as well as all my desktops and one of them is a beast of a gaming machine and too unwieldy to take out and about as a day-to-day device and the other laptop is old and clunky now.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I hear there pretty great. Do windows laptops really have performance issues? Or does it depend how much money you spend?

No issues really. But don't expect the aluminum builds you get on Apple MacBooks, as that's just the way it is for PC laptops nowadays (although a few manufacturers have come up with unibody designs).

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
All the years that I've used iOS devices, I've always had a Windows computer up until a month ago when I bought a Mac. It enhances the Apple experience while owning a Mac. But I benefitted from using iOS just as much even with a Windows laptop. Although iTunes really started to suck on Windows lately.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had a windows laptop for years, and used windows all of my life (well...from a child on). My last laptop died on me, and I found a great deal on a used, older macbook...so I went with that. I also am not a fan of windows 8, so that made my decision easier as well.

I still use windows everyday at work, so I don't miss it like I would if I didn't have access to it. There are some things I like more about windows, and some I like more about my macbook.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Last year I owned a an iPad, MacBook Pro, and a windows all in one desktop PC (with a touch screen). But I sold the desktop and now use my MacBook Pro as my main computing device. I also run parallels if I need to use windows specific apps on my Mac. I really do miss that desktop though....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods