Disappointed, returning Pro Max to Apple

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I know this probably was t the case of the OP but. My screen was a warmer yellow than my 11 pro max just figured it was a newer display. Nothing wrong with it just the way the new phone was. That is until I took off the screen protector Verizon installed the day I got the phone. It was the vision guard one with the blue light filter. As soon as I took that off and put the spigen ones on I ordered from Amazon I can’t tell the difference in screens between my 11 pro max and 12 pro max. Just some food for thought for some people that might have a mild yellow to their screens.

That’s interesting. I haven’t noticed a yellowish tint on either of my 12 PMs and they both have blue-light filtering screen protectors but I can imagine that those screen protectors could indeed affect white balance in some fashion.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
That’s interesting. I haven’t noticed a yellowish tint on either of my 12 PMs and they both have blue-light filtering screen protectors but I can imagine that those screen protectors could indeed affect white balance in some fashion.

It isn’t extremely noticeable and the only reason I found it is cause I cracked my screen protector and had to get a replacement so I ordered the spigen ones. Which in my opinion are better and much cheaper.

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Yeah, this is the AMOLED lottery. Basically has been an issue with AMOLED screens since the beginning. Unfortunately not much you can do about it. If the yellow is too intense, then you'll just have to return it.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I know the AMOLED lottery very well thanks to Samsung and others. ;)

I've never had an iPhone with a faulty panel as of late (AMOLED). I guess I'm lucky.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am either lucky or just not picky enough. I have had countless Samsung and Apple flagships and I’ve never had any issue with the displays of either. I looked at the panels on my 12 Pro Maxes and don’t see any yellowish tint outside of True Tone and night shift. Is there something else that I should be looking for?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed if I turn my 12 PM angled to the side, there's a greenish tint. I had read somewhere about it, and when I tried it, I could see it. No clue if they're all that way or not.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods