Disappointed - Returning Mine to Apple

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yup pretty much. Yeah will never forget those days. Att got the Bold. Verizon for the storm.
I remember that Bold 9000 forum kicked off that summer when Rogers got it and it was slightly delayed until November for us in the U.S. with AT&T. That place was very calm.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
What about the iPhone killer? The BB Storm?

The Storm!!! I had the first and second version of the storm. Never cared for that model and it’s “clicky” touchscreen. I think I was using a bold at the time the storm came out and went back to using it.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Not to segway too far off topic.
But, curious, what 'progress' are you looking to see on iOS/iPhone?
Faster navigating in the OS and the ability to customize the device like android does. The camera on my note is as good of not better than iphone.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t decided on any of the iPhone 12 models. Initially I was thinking 12 Pro, then the 12 mini came too. I went to Best Buy again last night and looked at all 4 models. I really liked the mini, looked at the Max -holy crap that phone is a behemothlol & the camera on the 12 pro is amazing...

Nonetheless, I walked out of there still loving my X and not really wanting the newest model...I’m actually leaning towards the 11 pro now because it’s the same size as my X.

I passed on my 11 to my hubby because I couldn’t take the size of it anymore & the 12/12 Pro are the same...so I probably won’t be getting either of those at this point

I know I rambled a bit off topic there...sorry

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I haven’t decided on any of the iPhone 12 models. Initially I was thinking 12 Pro, then the 12 mini came too. I went to Best Buy again last night and looked at all 4 models. I really liked the mini, looked at the Max -holy crap that phone is a behemothlol & the camera on the 12 pro is amazing...

Nonetheless, I walked out of there still loving my X and not really wanting the newest model...I’m actually leaning towards the 11 pro now because it’s the same size as my X.

I passed on my 11 to my hubby because I couldn’t take the size of it anymore & the 12/12 Pro are the same...so I probably won’t be getting either of those at this point

I know I rambled a bit off topic there...sorry

Totally get the ramble! I've rambled enough too on here. I actually have the 11 pro since last September and I got both a 12 pro and 12 and returned both. I've been dying for that slightly larger display, until I actually got it in my hands. Between the new squared off edges and the slightly larger display it is not that comfy to hold and use. The 12 pro is very heavy, more heavy than my 11 pro that I already think is too heavy. I feel like the X to the 11 pro is a great upgrade if you can find a decent deal.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Totally get the ramble! I've rambled enough too on here. I actually have the 11 pro since last September and I got both a 12 pro and 12 and returned both. I've been dying for that slightly larger display, until I actually got it in my hands. Between the new squared off edges and the slightly larger display it is not that comfy to hold and use. The 12 pro is very heavy, more heavy than my 11 pro that I already think is too heavy. I feel like the X to the 11 pro is a great upgrade if you can find a decent deal.

Thank you! I appreciate you take on it as well
I’ve used all  plus sized phones up to the xs Max, I switched to my X, then to an 11 and back to my X. I don’t want to go bigger again either which is why I was tearing my brains out trying to decide

I’m glad I’m mot the minority here with the whole phone size thing lol.

I’ll stop my rambling now too

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Thank you! I appreciate you take on it as well
I’ve used all  plus sized phones up to the xs Max, I switched to my X, then to an 11 and back to my X. I don’t want to go bigger again either which is why I was tearing my brains out trying to decide

I’m glad I’m mot the minority here with the whole phone size thing lol.

I’ll stop my rambling now too

Haha well here is the issue for me.... Apple will never go back to the 5.8" size now. It's donesky for good. The mini is just too small for me so eventually I will have to get used to a 6.1" display. They will also most likely never go back to the rounded edges which I actually liked. It's frustrating but is what it is at this point. I had a Max size phone for 24 hours and got rid of it as fast as I could. Way too large!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Haha well here is the issue for me.... Apple will never go back to the 5.8" size now. It's donesky for good. The mini is just too small for me so eventually I will have to get used to a 6.1" display. They will also most likely never go back to the rounded edges which I actually liked. It's frustrating but is what it is at this point. I had a Max size phone for 24 hours and got rid of it as fast as I could. Way too large!

I agree about the 5.8 being donesky ! Unfortunately ! I loved the 4-5S body design and I do like the 12 bodies, but just too big for me.

I will most likely indulge on an 11 pro within the next couple of months.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
I agree about the 5.8 being donesky ! Unfortunately ! I loved the 4-5S body design and I do like the 12 bodies, but just too big for me.

I think that is a good decision! The 11 pro is an extremely good phone. And yeah, I liked the 5 design too, but at that size it was comfy to hold just like the mini probably is!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I can tell the iPhone 12 Pro Max is taller than my old iPhone XS Max as I had to adjust my belt holster... but it does not feel any wider. When using it I don't know the size difference from my XS Max. I do however feel the weight difference, I can tell it's much heavier. I don't find it any harder to use / hold than the XS Max. I am using a Product Red Leather Case and I may switch back to the Product Red Silicone like I was using on the XS Max... I found the leather on the XS Max with the rounded corners too slippery, but with the flat edges of the 12-Pro-Max it does not feel slippery.

I hold my wife's iPhone 8 and it feels like a kids toy... too tiny. Maybe I could adjust to the smaller screen of the 12 Pro 6.1" but not sure why I would want to? I like the bigger screen. It's easier on my eyes.

Since I use my AirPods Pro most of the time when making calls for work I don't really hold the phone up to my ear that much, so not worried about the added weight.

Nice thing about having 3 size options = something for everyone.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I put the Apple silicone case on mine totally made the feel a percent better, waiting on a leather case now.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Great choice!!! I upgraded from a X to 11 Pro in July and I absolutely love it!! 5.8” is the sweet spot for me & sadly I think the 11 Pro will be the last one. I thought about upgrading my XS to a 12 mini but I’ll probably hold off until next year. I’m honestly thinking of putting my CS pack in the box and using my X again...I actually like the X better LOL

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Not to segway too far off topic.
But, curious, what 'progress' are you looking to see on iOS/iPhone?

Don’t worry drinking Android potion does this to some people. Once they remember They will be back...

giphy.gif

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
As I’ve mentioned before in this thread, I have decided to pass on the 12 series. I really do love the nostalgic body design but the mini would be too small for me & the 12 Pro would be just a tad big. My X I returned back to using is thee perfect size for me....5.8” is that sweet spot

With that being said, I’m happy to share that this Wednesday I will be receiving my gold 512gb 11 Pro I can’t wait till it gets here

Seneca09

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
As I’ve mentioned before in this thread, I have decided to pass on the 12 series. I really do love the nostalgic body design but the mini would be too small for me & the 12 Pro would be just a tad big. My X I returned back to using is thee perfect size for me....5.8” is that sweet spot

With that being said, I’m happy to share that this Wednesday I will be receiving my gold 512gb 11 Pro I can’t wait till it gets here

Good points Pink and that is why I’m sticking with my 11 pro Max. I traded in my silver XS Max and got a good deal for the gold 11 pro Max. For me the 6.5” is the sweet spot and the 12 series doesn’t include it. Having two 6.1” models doesn’t make sense from Apple. The pro should of been 6.5” not 6.1”. iPhone 12 mini 4.7” and iPhone 12 5.8”. I just don’t see apple adding back these sizes.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

Awesome!! 512GB that should last you a while lol. The 11 pros are hard to come by now since Apple isn’t selling them. Did you get through a carrier?

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Good points Pink and that is why I’m sticking with my 11 pro Max. I traded in my silver XS Max and got a good deal for the gold 11 pro Max. For me the 6.5” is the sweet spot and the 12 series doesn’t include it. Having two 6.1” models doesn’t make sense from Apple. The pro should of been 6.5” not 6.1”. iPhone 12 mini 4.7” and iPhone 12 5.8”. I just don’t see apple adding back these sizes.

Apple, making sense???? Never. They take the best sized phone that is the most popular size they ever had and did away with it. I have a feeling you won’t ever see it again either. And yeah the mini is cool but it’s too small, I am not going back in time with tiny phones and not so great battery life.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods