• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Disabled camera question!!

Jkysh

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Been a reader for some time, decided to join as I have a question that I need figured out asap and am looking for some quality input.

Long story short, my employer does not allow cell phones with video or photo capabilities in the workplace AT ALL. You are allowed to have either an iphone with a disabled camera, or a blackberry without a camera or a flip phone if you are willing to seriously settle...

I have found out how to disable my camera on my Iphone 4 by enabling it in the restrictions menu. Is this the same thing that Verizon will do in order to disable my camera? It makes plenty of sense that this is the only option, however the user can enable it right away should they want to in the workplace.

The only thing I can think of is if my employer creates their own password that I will not know to enable the camera when I want to out of the office. If this is the case, ill be going the blackberry route for the work week... :crying::crying::crying::crying:'

Any help much appreciated.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you allow your phone to be administerd by your employer, you will not have any control over the things they administer... including camera access. I'd keep my iPhone strictly personal... and use a work supplied phone for work use.

Jkysh

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I figured that was the case, and managing my own restrictions would not be acceptable.

As far as having two iPhones on one number, does it need to be the same iPhone(4)?
Ie. Can I load a new/used iphone 4 with my current backup file and have the same phones for all pracitical purposes, one without camera and my personal with?

My company issues blackberries however I have not been there long enough to have the need for one yet, hence myself wanting to have the ability to connect with the outside world from 630-3

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbinaUrbonas