DirectTv App / Update

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are jailbroke and have version 2.1.1 DirecTv App, do NOT update or you will lose the App. i updated and when I went to open the App it said it was not compatible with Jailbroke phones.. I had to restore my Directv App from my iTunes backup to get it to work...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the above works or not, but just to be safe, I wouldn't install the update. I have the DirecTv app on my Update Hider App so I dont even see the updates. I deleted the DirecTV app then went back into iTunes and reinstalled the app and it works fine now...

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you're the adventurous type, you can try xCon Alias. It's supposed to mask the jailbreak status of your device.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
^^^ have you tried this app yourself? The only other App that I know of (personally) that doesnt work on JB'd phones in the SwampPeople app from the App Store...

Mr.Mcgoo

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine showed me his phone last night and when I opened the app, there it was not compatible with JB phones. Search for a fix but there was only one app for iPad fix.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
xCon works pretty well. I haven't tried it with is app but I would guess it should work.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

cariduros

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. xCon works great for this issue and any other app that doesn't like your jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Update....I tried installing the DirecTv app onto my jail broke iPad mini and it won't work saying the app does not support jail broken devices...good thing I never updated my phone's app. Still using version 2.1.1

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Update....I tried installing the DirecTv app onto my jail broke iPad mini and it won't work saying the app does not support jail broken devices...good thing I never updated my phone's app. Still using version 2.1.1
It's rumored that the apps that do that rely on looking for the existence of Cydia... and all one needs to do is rename Cydia to something else.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It's rumored that the apps that do that rely on looking for the existence of Cydia... and all one needs to do is rename Cydia to something else.

A bit of caution--if you do rename cydia, you must change it back before trying to open it, or it will crash.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen