Ding sound for Apple Mail complication notifications...

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So is there any way to make the stock Apple Mail complication make a Ding sound(along with the haptic feel) when notifying on the watch?

3rd party app always make a ding and have haptic feedback. But while the iOS Apple mail complication does always have haptic feedback, it never makes any actual sound.

My phone isn't in silent and the setting in the watch app is off as well. I have tried doing custom notifications with the mail complication to make sure sound is turned on as well as also trying it as duplicate my phone setting, but to no avail.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Interesting.

My current setup is iPhone 11 Pro Max running iOS 13.1.2 official, Apple Watch series 3 (with LTE) running WatchOS 6.0.1 official and the native Mail app works fine. I always get vibration and ding when receiving emails.

I know you're probably already done this, but have you power cycled both devices?

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Yea. I have power cycled both several times. It never dings for Mail or Messages. I only get the haptic feedback.

I've made sure silent mode isn't on either and the cover to mute is e en turned off.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Just to ask the question, on iOS, what is your sound setting for mail and message notification? If you have sound turned off on the iPhone, it also won't make a sound on the watch.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Yea, sounds are on. The only thing I can think of is I use a custom mail sound that I loaded.

However, the same thing occurs for Messages too and that uses the default ios sound.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Something else is interesting. The mail complication is not respecting the show emails in threads option. I have it set to not show emails in thread in the iOS mail app and even in the Apple watch app, I set custom for the complication and turned it off but on the watch it still shows in threads.

Plus, when I delete an email on my phone, it still resides on my watch complication and I have to delete it there. It syncs fine when run cwiving new emails, but it's not syncing when deleting emails on the phone.

This is an AW 5 that came preloaded with watchos 6(I have since updated to 6.01)

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Well, I unpaired my watch and also did a complete reset on my phone(reloaded the firmware and set up as a new iPhone) and after pairing the watch, I STILL don't get any sound for the Apple Mail and messages complications.

I'm not sure why I'm not getting sounds.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1