Dimming Screen?

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Occasionally when I wake up my i5(6.0.1) my screen gets very dim. The only way to rectify the situation is to reboot the device. Anyone else experience the same? TIA.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Occasionally when I wake up my i5(6.0.1) my screen gets very dim. The only way to rectify the situation is to reboot the device. Anyone else experience the same? TIA.

Happens to me on occasion when I wake up the device. The lockscreen is very dim.
I just lock it again and when I wake it up it's fine.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Happens to me on occasion when I wake up the device. The lockscreen is very dim.
I just lock it again and when I wake it up it's fine.

Yes this exact thing happens on occasion on mine and wife's i5. Seldom but it does happen and I do the same to fix.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
This has happened to me with the 5. I turn off screen from top and turn on again and screen lights up normal again. Must be a software bug.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

BHMartin

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Sometimes when I wake my baby by hitting the home button, it will be dim. If I hit the on/off button on the top it resets it to the normal brightness.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Has happened to me as well, for me I think it's passbook related. If I play with passbook, go back to home and then turn the screen off it will sometimes come back on dim.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Has happened to me as well, for me I think it's passbook related. If I play with passbook, go back to home and then turn the screen off it will sometimes come back on dim.

I'm not too sure. I only used passbook for the first time the other day. It has been happening since I had the iPhone 5 on release. It also happened on my 4s but only after I updated to iOS 6.

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies everyone! Wasn't sure if I had a lemon or if others experiences it too. As others said, it doesn't happen often. Maybe they'll fix it with a future update. But it doesn't happen that often enough to be really concerned about it. Thanks again! :))

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal