Did you sell your old iPhone to pay for the iPhone 5?

Did you sell your old iPhone to pay for the iPhone 5?

• Nope, kept my previous phone phone.

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Yes, now I'm using an even older iPhone while waiting.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Yes, Im using an Android phone while waiting.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Yes, Im using a Blackberry while waiting.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Yes, Im using a Windows Phone 7/6.5 while waiting.

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters

icw1970

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Sold my 32gb black 4 for 265.00 on Craigslist a day after I put it up (Thursday). Turned around and bought the white 5 32gb for 269.99 Friday am. Worked out well.

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Amazon is THE place to sell your iphone if you dont mind their gift card. :)
Gift card? I'm sorry I think I wasn't clear enough. I meant selling on amazon with a fixed price to the buyers, not selling it to amazon. I sell all my electronics through amazon. Less hassle than ebay and paypal, no pictures needed just have to come up with a good honest description. And than just have to transfer the money to your bank. That's all.

infty

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
None of the options fit. I used sellyourmac.com to get a quote fo $385 on my iphone 4S 64GB and bought an iPhone 5 for $399 (paid $14) and I get 14 days to mail it so I'm still able to use my 4S while I wait for the iPhone 5.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Why you post it so cheap? You messing of the markets for other sellers.

That's actually not too bad for a 4 maybe 35-50 short. But their phone is off the market now so buyers will have to get what's out there. It only hurts of there are a flood of cheap ones.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
fmflex said:
I've considered selling my phones before to a company online (Amazon, Gazelle, etc) but my concern always was that once they receive it they will change the offer and try to screw you because now they have your phone hostage and will be more likely to take the lower offer. Anyone have that happen?

I sold through eBay Instant Sale... $400 for my white AT&T 64GB 4S. I don't have to have it there until 10/1. When you go through the signup process you indicate whether you would like to accept a lower offer or have them return it to you (free) if it's evaluated at less than what they offered you online. So really you have nothing to lose unless you're easily pressured and/or just want to get rid of your phone with a minimal amount of hassle.

Get cash to buy your new iPhone

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I sold my white 4S 32GB for $350 Friday. I'm using my back up 3GS until I get my iPhone 5 Friday. Can?t wait!!!!!!!! It's been an experience going from a 4S to a 3GS. It's amazing how slow this thing is compared to the 4S. It just shows how far the iPhone has come from 2009 to now.

I'm rocking the 3GS as well after selling my 4S. It's a little rough to say the least. Tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
...sold my sprint iPhone 4S white 16GB in mint conditions...original box/manuals/extra screen protector/case...for $375 on amazon marketplace. Buyer paid $380 with shipping. After amazon fees I got $350. I was totally satisfied with this. Pre-ordered my sprint iPhone 5 32GB black slate for $320. Not bad I say...glad iPhones have great resale value

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I am giving my iPhone 4 to my dad. He has wanted one for awhile, but my parents hardly ever buy themselves anything. I figured instead of selling it and making money on it *yet* I would give it to him until the next upgrade comes up in Oct and then get him a 4S for $99. Then I can sell it or keep it as an iPod. Who knows really what I will end up doing with it.

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I sold my 64gb for 450 on craigslist. Didnt wanna deal with ebay fees PLUS paypal fees. That company loves to double dip on fees. And i forgot about shpping hassle as well.

Now I am using my old android phone and it's the worse experience. That phone is slow as hell and reminds me how android just plain sucks comparing to ios.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm renting mine to a coworker. He sold his in anticipation of upgrading and realized after selling that he isn't eligible until December. He really doesn't want to keep using his old blackberry. When I get it back my dad is going to try it out. He has never had a smartphone so this way he doesn't need to extend his contract and lose his unlimited data.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Gazelle is giving me $150 for my iPhone 4 (which I only paid $199 for) .. and also only paid $199 for my iPhone 5. So, I'm really only out $50 plus tax. Switching from AT&T to Verizon, I won't be able to use my iPhone 4 anyway. Gazelle seemed like a more logical method vs. the eBay battle with finding someone to buy it, shipping it to them, and paying eBay and PayPal fees.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize you could get so much for the old phones....since the 5 is my first iPhone (iPad lover), I am learning about this for the future....my question is this, will the price you get for it drop a lot after the iPhone is available, or why did you see it before the 5 was out - why not wait until you have the new phone, making selling the old phone easier on your lifestyle?

Thanks for the info!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Obviously, when a new model comes out and they drop the price on the old models, you can't expect to get as much for your old device. That's why I went with Gazelle. The gave me a quote beforehand good for 30 days. The price has already dropped since then, but I'm getting the price they quoted two weeks ago, $180 for an iPhone 4 16GB. So I get to use it until the new one arrives and not worry about losing money.

Reactions: donawalt

joekawasaki

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I sold through eBay Instant Sale... $400 for my white AT&T 64GB 4S. I don't have to have it there until 10/1. When you go through the signup process you indicate whether you would like to accept a lower offer or have them return it to you (free) if it's evaluated at less than what they offered you online. So really you have nothing to lose unless you're easily pressured and/or just want to get rid of your phone with a minimal amount of hassle.

Get cash to buy your new iPhone

I also used eBay instant sale. Got $200 for my vzw 32gb iPhone 4.

haxrnick

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Just sold my 32gb 4S for 445. Now just one more to sell and pick up 2 5's tomorrow which I think will be highly unlikely.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77