Did the price of the iPhone XS lessen the value of the iPhone X?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Whaaaaaaaat...? Only ONE factor lowers the value of my phone: MY opinion of it. And right now, I happen to think that my my iPhone X is the best thing , so there.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Betrayed for what? Tim Cook and I aren’t friends LOL. Apple has a pattern, so I expected the new device to have the same price. With that being said, the X is still the 10th Anniversary device, regardless of the new iteration. I know there will, definitely, be people that feel different, but they shouldn’t take it personally. Apple is in the business of making a profit. It is what it is🤷🏾*♀️

Prices have been going up YoY for a few years. So that’s the only pattern I see.

I’m surprised Samsung only sells a 128GB Note9 for $999. I was expecting $1.099 when they announced that.

Also, the GS9 is like $750-799 everywhere.

So it is getting really hard to justify any of these prices; especially when you throw the lackluster iOS update on top of it. Typically the software could excite me enough to think the new device was worth it, but I’m completely numb to these new iPhones.

The prices are laughable to me.

I’m getting the Note9 128GB and adding a 128GB SD card for the camera/music/videos ($30 or less).

$200+ premium for an XS Max, or [anything more] for an XS that basically has 5.3-5.4” of usable screen real estate (feels like a 4.7” iPhone to me)? No thank you.

These devices offer nothing but software tweaks that Apple held back from the older devices for lack of any other selling point.

——

I think almost any price will work in the US. With the new Lease options, people buy phones without considering price. They just pay their bill. Most don’t even consider the actual costs.

If we were still on contracts (like we were before), that would be different. I doubt many would want to pay $599+ up front for a contract iPhone. Why do you think so many people were stuck with 16GB iPhones? Cause the contract upfront cost went up $100 if they got 32, and most didn’t want to pay it.

People tend to not notice the massive monthly lease fees for these phones. They ball more at higher upfront costs.

$45/mo for a phone is a lot, when equally capable options are available for $34/mo.

Move to leasing is the best thing that’s happened for Apple

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope I don't feel betrayed I scored the X on a Bogo deal buy X get an 8 free, probably wait for a Bogo on the new phones too.
I think the resale of the current X will stay strong for at least until the deals on the new phones start popping up.

I would never buy a year old X unless I was able to haggle it down to laughably low pricing.

I’d get the XS. With Apple holding back basic camera software upgrades from the X, I consider it “supported, but not really in the way they insinuated last year” when Ive said the X would be able to do things it couldn’t do today.

He really meant “the upgrade to the X that you’ll have to buy.”

I actually think Samsung is better than Apple at adding features to older devices these days.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Nope I don't feel betrayed I scored the X on a Bogo deal buy X get an 8 free, probably wait for a Bogo on the new phones too.
I think the resale of the current X will stay strong for at least until the deals on the new phones start popping up.

I would never buy a year old X unless I was able to haggle it down to laughably low pricing.

I’d get the XS. With Apple holding back basic camera software upgrades from the X, I consider it “supported, but not really in the way they insinuated last year” when Ive said the X would be able to do things it couldn’t do today.

He really meant “the upgrade to the X that you’ll have to buy.”

I actually think Google and Samsung (not that there’s much they can add) is better than Apple at adding features to older devices, these days. You really feel like they’re getting the most out of the hardware they use. With Apple, not so much.

rockitdog23

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I would never by a device with a screen that is barley over 720 and has the same PPI as a device I purchased in 2010. That’s just laughable!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would never by a device with a screen that is barley over 720 and has the same PPI as a device I purchased in 2010. That’s just laughable!

No it's not. That screen will display the same images that a newer screen displays and unless that person absolutely must have an OLED display, the LCD screen should be more than sufficient. My 2017 MacBook Pro has a Retina display whereas my work-issued MacBook Air has an LCD screen. The Retina display is great for video watching, but I honestly prefer the LCD screen for work.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
For myself, I never complain about the cost of the newer devices and of the older ones going down in value.

Even though the X was a unique device to celebrate the 10 years of the iPhone, it’s no different then any other product.

Out with the old and in with the new, it’s just business plain and simple. Just like the auto industry and new cars and trucks.

I was going to pass on getting the newer XS model, but as usual I preordered a gold XS 64 and a brown leather case and can’t wait to get it. The temptation just won again

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup