Did I make a mistake or ?

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I would gladly give up thinness for 20% or 30% more battery life.
Not for me.
I always use a case, so it is quite important to have a thin iPhone. And I'm satisfied of battery life.
The last iPhone that didn't satisfied me when battery life was concerned, was the iPhone 5, especially under iOS 7.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not for me.
I always use a case, so it is quite important to have a thin iPhone. And I'm satisfied of battery life.
The last iPhone that didn't satisfied me when battery life was concerned, was the iPhone 5, especially under iOS 7.

It's thin enough now though. I'm a heavy user, I'll admit. I spend a lot of time on my phone. Just since September, my average charge has gone from 11 hours usage to about 8? or 9 hours usage. What I would really like is for the batteries to hold their longevity health longer. So after 6 months of heavy use, I'd like at least 10 hours of usage per charge. But as long as it makes it to my next upgrade, it doesn't really matter.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm not expecting a revolution in form factor from the iPhone 7...
Ideally a 4.7" / 5.5" device with slightly smaller bezels would be perfect for me.

I absolutely agree. For the first time in my adult "smartphone-buying" life, I'm anxiously awaiting September and the launch of the 7. I am expecting it to be thinner than the 6, and I do believe the mini headphone jack will be gone, porting the audio through the Lightning "Audio" port. Charging will be either via the lightning port or more easily via wireless charging. These are my predictions after all the research I have done. We'll see if it's accurate soon enough.

Can't wait.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
7 could potentially be even thinner.

Really getting into "ugly/unsightly" territory.
John Ive's obsession?

BTW, I really appreciate the "light weight" of the SE. It reminds me of the surprise I had when I upgraded from a 4s (with a pleasant heft) to a 5. The 5 felt almost empty (like my head).
I now cherish the nice lightweight of the SE.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Really getting into "ugly/unsightly" territory.
John Ive's obsession?

BTW, I really appreciate the "light weight" of the SE. It reminds me of the surprise I had when I upgraded from a 4s (with a pleasant heft) to a 5. The 5 felt almost empty (like my head).
I now cherish the nice lightweight of the SE.

I'm actually using a 4s with a battery case. The weight and heft are striking, but I get a full day without a charge, so it's worth it. I'll probably be shocked when I upgrade to a 7 or go with an SE in September at how LIGHT the phone is compared to the 4s with battery case.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Since getting the SE, I've put all my credit cards on my phone (Apple Pay) and now use a Speck card case to carry my debit, ID, and insurance card.

Adding the Speck card case has added some bulk and since I'm so used to the thin SE....I'm not sure if I like it?

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
That's a false myth.
Every iPhone since 5 had a better battery life than previous model.
The 5S was better than the 5. The 6 was better than the 5S. the 6S was better than the 6 and the SE is even better than the 6S (but you should compare it to the 5S, and it's definitely better).

Hasn't been our experience. Aside from the iPhone 6S+, the batteries have taken a step back the thinner the iPhone. I actually own an Android now (Galaxy S7) that gets better battery life than my 6S+ - something I thought would NEVER happen. Now granted, it has much larger battery (3000), but still, Android has always been such a power hog compared to my iPhones.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I agree that the Plus iPhone size is too large for me (I tried to "go big" with a 6s+ from a 6 for about a month but eventually exchanged it for a 6s) but the 4-inch screen is just too small as well -- so the 6s 4.7-inch size is perfect for me

That's my experience as well. I went to the SE from the 4.7 6s, thinking I would love the size, and I do love the design of the SE more, but found the 4.7 inch is the sweet spot for me as well. It's perfect, I can use it one handed with no problem. I took the SE back after about a week. Plus on the SE you lose the contact pictures in the text messaging app, a feature I really like on the 4.7, (and the 5.5). I asked Apple about it and they said the smaller 4 inch screen doesn't support the contact pictures in the text messaging app, not enough room....so I'm happy with my 4.7 6s.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't been our experience. Aside from the iPhone 6S+, the batteries have taken a step back the thinner the iPhone. I actually own an Android now (Galaxy S7) that gets better battery life than my 6S+ - something I thought would NEVER happen. Now granted, it has much larger battery (3000), but still, Android has always been such a power hog compared to my iPhones.

Are you solely using the S7 now? I'm really looking for a smaller form factor phone. I think the SE is too small. The 6s or S7 or HTC 10 might be the sweet spot for me. I'm finding the 6s Plus is just too big and kind of annoying in day to day use for me anymore. I'd prefer to have a slightly smaller phone and tablet instead of one monstrous phone.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
It's thin enough now though. I'm a heavy user, I'll admit. I spend a lot of time on my phone. Just since September, my average charge has gone from 11 hours usage to about 8? or 9 hours usage. What I would really like is for the batteries to hold their longevity health longer. So after 6 months of heavy use, I'd like at least 10 hours of usage per charge. But as long as it makes it to my next upgrade, it doesn't really matter.
Well it clearly depends on how many recharge cycles you tend to accumulate over the time, but I'm overall satisfied by iPhone 's battery health. When I sold the 6 in January it still had 97% of battery health after 400 cycles.

I clearly can't comment on your experience, since it could be affected by many factors, but I posted results from "controlled" laboratory tests which proven the iPhone 6S+ better than the S7 for sure.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well it clearly depends on how many recharge cycles you tend to accumulate over the time, but I'm overall satisfied by iPhone 's battery health. When I sold the 6 in January it still had 97% of battery health after 400 cycles.

I clearly can't comment on your experience, since it could be affected by many factors, but I posted results from "controlled" laboratory tests which proven the iPhone 6S+ better than the S7 for sure.

I'm not sure just how that works. I know time spent on a device counts. But also what one does. I do a lot of photo and image work with editing apps that are pretty hard on the battery. In 6 months I'm at cycle 280 with 95% health.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure just how that works. I know time spent on a device counts. But also what one does. I do a lot of photo and image work with editing apps that are pretty hard on the battery. In 6 months I'm at cycle 280 with 95% health.
well 280 cycles in 6 months is way above average (it presumes a 560 cycles/year, that's almost one and an half cycles every single day !).
You surely are an heavy user mate.

Last edited:

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Are you solely using the S7 now? I'm really looking for a smaller form factor phone. I think the SE is too small. The 6s or S7 or HTC 10 might be the sweet spot for me. I'm finding the 6s Plus is just too big and kind of annoying in day to day use for me anymore. I'd prefer to have a slightly smaller phone and tablet instead of one monstrous phone.

I have an S7 and SE right now. I like the S7 much better, but that's not something I'm looking to advertise for fear of getting lynched around here. :)

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have an S7 and SE right now. I like the S7 much better, but that's not something I'm looking to advertise for fear of getting lynched around here. :)

Haha. No lynching from me. I love Apple and Android. So much so that I flip flop pretty much every day as to what I want. The SE is way too small for me. But I do want a smaller phone. I think the 6s Plus is just too big for me in day to day life. I'm not a huge dude (maybe 5'10" on a good day), and I can deal with it, but I think a more comfortable one handed phone would be better for me.

Just can't decide on Android or Apple. I love so much from each.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Haha. No lynching from me.

You're in the minority around here - as I've found out many times. I'm waiting for a certain curly haired redhead to stop by and call me an Android troll for what will be the umpteenth time. Even though I use both platforms.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You're in the minority around here - as I've found out many times. I'm waiting for a certain curly haired redhead to stop by and call me an Android troll for what will be the umpteenth time. Even though I use both platforms.

I'm no fanboy for either platform. I love both. They're both awesome at some things. And both suck at some things. And in the end, they're seriously just phones. Communication devices/toys. Nothing to get bent out of shape over. Now I would poke a little fun for someone still using a really old BlackBerry or something along those lines. :)

My biggest issue with them is that I have to choose. Unfortunately I'm not independently wealthy, so I can't just juggle a new and different phone into my lineup every other day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR