Did I make a mistake or ?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if I had made a mistake, but the more I use my SE, the more I'm happy with the decision to downsize. So nice to use and so pocketable. I'm coming from a 6S Plus (had 6 and 6 Plus before, and 5 before that) - so I do miss the screen real estate. But the trade-off seems worth it so far!

JanuarJaguar

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
It can give haptic feedback, and I have to say that SwiftKey is my personal favorite keyboard I've ever used. Even if you have the 6S+ then you can resize it for one handed operation, where it compresses the keyboard to either left or right side. Only downfall was stated before, and it doesn't have the little microphone button to use talk-to-text. SwiftKey flow has much more accurate prediction than other 3rd party keyboards.
In all honesty I hate finger pecking each letter when texting with one or two hands. I use the 6S+ with SwiftKey one-handed keyboard, and love it!

Thanks, downloaded it.
Using iPhone5S (iOS 9.1), and no vibration feedback, only clicking sounds.

Could anyone confirm, if it's working on the models with the 3D Touch engine?

Thank you, regards.

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Glad I don't have to deal with the 6 anymore. I'm glad Apple released the SE. Performance and mobility without worrying of dropping my phone.

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I was wondering if I had made a mistake, but the more I use my SE, the more I'm happy with the decision to downsize. So nice to use and so pocketable. I'm coming from a 6S Plus (had 6 and 6 Plus before, and 5 before that) - so I do miss the screen real estate. But the trade-off seems worth it so far!

I love my 6S+, even after owing a 6s+ when I look at my friend's and colleagues 5S. That toy looks very tempting, encouraging me to buy an SE as a secondary device

sjohnvivian

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Well I just had to comment after getting my SE yesterday. I went from a 6+ to the SE. I have to admit I was excited but skeptical at the same time. I got the phone home and set it up so I could let the person take delivery of my old 6+.

The first feeling you get right out of the box is boy it feels good to have a phone that fits the hand again. The performance was excellent. But I will say at first it took a little use to going back to a 4 inch phone. But it took less time to adjust back to the 4 inch phone than it did to adjust to the 5.5 inch phone. The screen is nice so no problems there. I had an element case to put on it and glass protector and after doing that it felt really well in the hands.

After the excitement wore off I had a pause that did I make a mistake. Can I get use to the smaller screen again. Is the keyboard going to be too small. Well there is only one way to find out. So after setting it up and getting the honeymoon over I went about my day. And I have to say the SE was everything I had hoped it would be. I was able to put it in my pocket or place it anywhere I wanted and not have to worry about breaking the thing. Gone was the days of lugging my 6+ around and losing one hand to always having to have a place to put it or carry it. It was easy to put it back in my turtleback holster to carry it around or get in my car and not have this huge case that I had trouble putting my seatbelt on or moving in my seat. I had my life back.

Now I am not condemning the larger phones and I guess I bought mine just like many and it was for the performance of the larger phones. I had lost portability. With the SE I got that back. So after two days now it was like coming home. Making a phone call was a breeze and answering any and all text or email was just like old times. Browsing the web was a piece of cake. And battery life was outstanding. The charging time seems really quick with this model as compared to the old 5s. I think I made a good choice.

But I am curious how everyone else who has gotten one if your SE is everything you remember or if its new to you how your cell phone life with the smaller phone has gone and did you make a mistake?

This pretty much sums up my experience. I'm still keeping my 6+, however. But I plan to use the SE as my primary iPhone. I got it because I wanted portability. All too often I had to hold my 6+ in my hands as I did things because it was too big for my pockets or was uncomfortable when I sat down. With Summer approaching and resuming a lot of outdoor running and activities, I wanted a pocketable iPhone that had the right specs and now I have it. It's a delight. It feels like old times. And now I have a better camera than my 6+ for taking great nature shots while I'm out and about, which is a bonus too. It's also much easier to take a landscape picture without the risk of dropping the phone. And the round volume buttons are a welcome change back. Love those. Easier and sturdier.

I will admit the screen size is a bit of a readjustment. But I don't think it'll take long to adjust. And having the ability to use the phone with one hand again is huge. And realistically, I use my iPad for most of my true web browsing, so I don't think losing screen real estate is going to be such a big deal.

Overall I'm pleased with the iPhone SE and look forward to it being my daily iPhone! :)

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I like ssfarm?s post. And, clearly, the likes of Apple have been thinking that they need to appeal to those that would like a smaller, yet latest generation smartphone. Clearly a smart move ;)
I have a 5s, in my drawer, belongs to an employee that left. And, as much as I like the one handed use, I?ve always been a two handed typist, even in my BlackBerry 8700 & 9900 days.

Anyway, I just switched to an iPhone 6s Plus, about two weeks ago, from a Note 5 (still have it). And, I?m still liking it. Albeit, from time to time, I do feel the ?reach? to the top of the screen, is a bit much. I?ve placed least used apps, at the top. I keep forgetting about the reachability option?

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I like ssfarm’s post. And, clearly, the likes of Apple have been thinking that they need to appeal to those that would like a smaller, yet latest generation smartphone. Clearly a smart move ;)
I have a 5s, in my drawer, belongs to an employee that left. And, as much as I like the one handed use, I’ve always been a two handed typist, even in my BlackBerry 8700 & 9900 days.

Anyway, I just switched to an iPhone 6s Plus, about two weeks ago, from a Note 5 (still have it). And, I’m still liking it. Albeit, from time to time, I do feel the ‘reach’ to the top of the screen, is a bit much. I’ve placed least used apps, at the top. I keep forgetting about the reachability option…

You can always double tap on the home button to re-size it for single handed usage, thus making top of the screen reachable

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
... I went from a 6+ to the SE. I have to admit I was excited but skeptical at the same time...

But I am curious how everyone else who has gotten one if your SE is everything you remember or if its new to you how your cell phone life with the smaller phone has gone and did you make a mistake?

I actually transitioned from the same thing - a 64GB iPhone 6+ to a 64 GB iPhone SE. I was really torn about whether to switch and actually waited to open my SE, just in case I wanted to take it back. But I eventually opened it, switched, and overall, I'm quite pleased with the SE! It took me about 1 hour to get used to the small screen again - much less time than I thought. I absolutely LOVE the pocketability and one handed use, especially the lower weight. I also am a big fan of some things not on the iPhone 6 (Hey Siri, Live photos, etc). If anything is taking getting used to, its the keyboard. Mainly because there is a bit more bezel on the iPhone SE than the 6+, so hitting the keys on the edge of screen (such as the 'P' key) is taking some adjustment. So far the battery life hasnt been quite as good as the 6+, but I am on a new network (Sprint) and its only been 2 days. Its still better than my wife's 6, though.

Overall: Pleased!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I love my 6S+, even after owing a 6s+ when I look at my friend's and colleagues 5S. That toy looks very tempting, encouraging me to buy an SE as a secondary device

I dunno man... if you're not sold on the form factor of the SE... why chance it? Not trying to say don't get one... but sounds like you'd get tired of it real quick. For me, I just grew annoyed with the size of my Plus (that screen though!!! lol) for day-to-day handling.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I recently transitioned from the 5s to the 6s Plus myself. Much larger screen and much larger storage capacity as well, going from 32GB to 64GB. I absolutely love it. The size, the feel. I have no issues putting it in my pockets, but I also buy carpenter type jeans with huge pockets so I dont need a holster. The one handed use for me is not an issue, even without using the Reachability feature, but then again I have huge hands too so I have that advantage as well. Texting and typing is much easier on it. I dont tend to fat finger the keys nearly as much. I see people carrying what could be either the 5s or the SE and I just have to think to myself "Damn those things are tiny. How in the world did I ever text on one or use it at all?"

I could never move back to a 4 inch device. The 4.7" I could probably do, but the 5.5" just makes viewing emails and webpages all the easier.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
A bigger screen is the reason I left the iPhone and briefly flirted with HTC, Samsung and Motorola. When Apple brought the 6Plus (and now 6S Plus), I came back home. Everyone has their preference. Glad you found yours. :yes:

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
How's the battery life compared to the Plus? I too am on a 6 plus and contemplating on buying the SE. The battery life is one of the major considerations. I can barely get by with the Plus, so the SE for me would have to be on par or better when it comes to battery life before I can consider replacing my current phone. Please let me know. Thanks!

I definitely agree with this, battery life is important .... But with all the time one spends on their device, there never may be an iPhone with top notch battery life

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I definitely agree with this, battery life is important .... But with all the time one spends on their device, there never may be an iPhone with top notch battery life

Well this one comes very very close if not exceeds those battery expectations. I've been more than happy and last a full day without any issue with some to spare.

Posted via iPhone SE on T-Mobile

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
While I don't dispute your experience, everyone is different with their own use of a mobile device. Me, for example doesn't experience the stellar battery performance of the 6+ or 6S+ because I'm a very heavy user.
But that is for sharing, I may give it a try

JohnPAndrew

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I understand, feeel the same way about getting the bigger ipad pro, still an ipad, very powerfull one, but, still an ipad. I lost portability and now the new smaller one is out...happens

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR