Did I get the one perfect iPhone 4?

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Everyone is talking about how terrible the reception issue is but Im not really bothered by it at all. I mean yes I can make a bar or two drop if I tightly wrap my palm around the antenna but who in the world holds a phone like that. If I firmly press my thumb against the black strip I only get one bar drop. The iPhone has been set on such a pedestal that everyone thinks its the perfect phone. No phone is perfect but I feel as if my iP4 is as close as Im going to get. Im satisfied with the performance and features. Anyone else out there completely happy with their purchase? Im just tired of all the complaining. It hasnt been 30 days people take them back if you dont like them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
If you only get 1 bar to drop, you're in a very good signal area. Go to where the signal isn't as strong and you'll see a very big difference.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I haven't experienced any problems. But I also want to know who's looking at the bars while talking on the phone to know that they've just performed the death grip maneuver?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well Alli, you don't have to look at the bars to notice that a call is degrading in quality. When that degredation happens, then you take a quick peek at the phone. Basically, whoever doesn't have the problem lives in an area with great coverage. I suspect that those same people will start complaining because now instead of getting 5 bars, they may get 3. Remember, there is currently a very big difference between the best reception and the worst reception to still get 5 bars. I suspect the gap will be made smaller. These are just made up numbers, but let's say you got 5 bars at -88. That same number may now only get people 4 bars or even the high threshold of 3 bars. While the signal indicator is much more accurate, the perception is that the phone now has worse reception.

People who suffer from low signal already may get even lower signal to the point of no service. This is not a fix, plain and simple.

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Actually, let me rephrase my question. Do the indicator bars on past iPhone models show inaccurate readings as well like the iPhone 4 does? Because if so, my iPhone4 in fact gets better reception than my 3GS did although there was no death grip issue with my 3GS

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
There IS a deathgrip issue with the 3G and 3GS, it's just far less noticeable due to the fact the antennas are inside the phone and can't be touched ( and thus "shorted" ) by the human body.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Bars don't drop for me even if i'm holding it tight, guess I'm in a good coverage area?

thats what i thought, i had 4 bars and dropped 11 calls within an hour, i was like the OP, thinking i was one of the lucky ones but i spoke to early cause it hit me hard 2 days ago with dropped calls "heaven"... good luck ;)

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm left handed too but I discovered I don't even touch that area when on a call and I use my right hand for Internet browsing and my hand is nowhere near that area so I guess that's why it may work so well for me. Then when I put a case on it I will have less of an issue(which I don't really have one now)!

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i too have had no real reception issues AT&T rocks in my area! if they didnt i wouldnt be with them no device is worth poor coverage. and no proximity issues my device has ben perfect im really glad!

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I barely call people, only my wife, kids or mom...and its usually 5 minutes top, so i can really tell you how my call quality is...but i use my iPhone none stop all day for other things, email, texting, twitter, Facebook, foursquare, read blogs, stream twit, gps navigation, etc... and so far i have no issues at all. the only issue i can tell you about is that i depend too much on my iphone 4 now...

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
i havent noticed any problems with reception...i had the message error, "no sim card installed" twice and then at&t gave me a new sim card and no problems since then...i couldnt be happier so far with my iphone 4

knightforge

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Reception at my house is a little spotty. When I am out and about I have perfect reception and call quality all the time. When I'm home I have experienced dropped calls so I just use skype on my iPhone at home over my wifi and everything is just peachy.

dmiller428

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I am extremely happy, I don't spend hours talking on my phone (I roll over almost my entire balance every month) and I find the phone so much faster than my 3g. My IP4 has been in my Belkin grip vue case since Fedex delivered it, so I've never had death drip issues. I don't think I have proximity sensor issues since I have only help the phone to my face once to make a call, my other calls have been with my headphones. I will not be returning this phone, I looooove it.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I too am extremely satisfied with my IPhone 4. I love the speed and call quality. AT&T in my area rocks, never had a problem with them. don't get a lot of dropped calls but occasionally it happens. as far as the signal thing. so what? my calls are going through and i am able to surf the web at the same time. so I move my hand a little to make sure my signal is good. have none of you ever held your phone high to try and get a better signal?

BlondeBuddhist

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am new here.

It seems I have the perfect iPhone 4, finally.

My first 2 iphones suffered from the dreaded yellow spots, that I am fully aware of were called to be temporary. However I felt that a $700 phone should be ready to rock and roll when it's opened. Also the reports that it was an adhesive not yet dried didn't come out until I was on phone #2.

This is my first post to this forum. I normally post my pearls of insight over at Macrumors, however I was suspended a week for telling someone they were acting like an "imbecile" As a practicing buddhist I try to exhibit compassion to all so don't worry about me trolling around. I thought the "punishment" was harsh, though I know why the rules exist.

Anyway, I Love Apple and you :)

Blonde Buddhist

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Bof! Sometimes people need to be told they are imbeciles, it helps them grow. (You just can't call them stupid, cause that destroys self-esteem.)