Did Earpods outdo Apple Earphones?

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Doubtful. In order for something to "grow in value" as you put it, they must have had value to begin with. The original Apple earbuds are crap. They always were, IMHO.

People like to say that, but it would be more correct to say that the earbuds are just about as popular as the iPhone itself.

It's not like the Earpods are any improvement on the design. They're both quite meh sounding. The lesser of two evils would have to be the originals though because at least they use more premium materials.

Instead of feeding everyone BS about the design when they're actually using less materials, making it cheaper for them to make.

Fraydog

Apr 15, 2009
Visit site
I would have preferred they went all in ear, but I guess this was the next best thing. Oh well. I would pay more for better sound. Maybe the new Monster Inspiration headphones?

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The truth is that Apple should have better sounding earphones. The mic on those headphones used to be the best in the market. But since no one else is really doing anything, I guess Apple feels it doesn't have to either.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
People like to say that, but it would be more correct to say that the earbuds are just about as popular as the iPhone itself.

It's not like the Earpods are any improvement on the design. They're both quite meh sounding. The lesser of two evils would have to be the originals though because at least they use more premium materials.

Instead of feeding everyone BS about the design when they're actually using less materials, making it cheaper for them to make.

I never said the new ones were better... just that they'd become more popular/common as time went on... I prefer my Etymotic hf3 earbuds over anything else I've used/tried/owned.

metrion

Banned
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm just saying it hasn't catches on yet. They definately don't have anything that sets the apart from the crowd. Like, if I started wearing the "Earpods" which is a terrible name btw, no one would actually notice or care.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They are 100% more comfortable and 1,000,000% better in the audio quality category (both for music and phone calls). So yes, they've already outdone the old earphones. They did an audio comparison between the new headset with the iPhone and the Dre Beats "earbuds", and the Apple headset won out in every category.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
They are 100% more comfortable and 1,000,000% better in the audio quality category (both for music and phone calls). So yes, they've already outdone the old earphones. They did an audio comparison between the new headset with the iPhone and the Dre Beats "earbuds", and the Apple headset won out in every category.

TITCR.

I was a bit concerned that they would feel like traditional in ear headphones which I completely hate. They don't. As soon as I put them in my ear, I was sold.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

lol...what are you talking about?

They are a COMPLETE improvement on design! The comfort level in ear is night and day! I use my headset almost all day because i don't care for bluetooth headsets, and these are the first stock headsets I've ever had with a phone that didn't become uncomfortable in my ear over a full day of use. Audio quality has been improved by leaps and bounds, there's simply NO comparison between these and the old ones or ANY phone on the market's included headset, they blow the Galaxy S III's out of the water!

And here's the kicker...they're FREE! You don't have to pay extra for this accessory. Apple could have simply kept on with the same headset we've had for years now, but instead they improved the free accessory, and to be honest, what they've given us is pretty damn awesome. I actually have a set of skullcandy headphones i use while working out, these are almost as good as those in the audio department (with a tad less bass response) and stay in the ear almost as well too (without the little rubber pieces)...and the skullcandy ones were $70!

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Would like to view said comparison. I been running tour beats and they are perfect for me. Tried the ear pods just to see and I be damned they sound dare I say just as good. Only thing for me is comfort. My beats allow me to custom fit to my ear, i know apple has studied 6billion ears and come up with one style that fits them all. Reminds me of that one size fits all stretch fitted cap they came out with. Yeah it fits but it's far from that custom fit feel. That is the only reason my beats aren't on eBay yet.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The sound quality is definitely better that the original earbuds. I know Dre Beat sells a lot of headphones/earbuds, but not a huge fan of them, either. But I am surprised to hear that the earpods have better sound that the Dre Beats. Too much low-end and not enough high-end for me. (Apparently I listened to too much loud music as a youth) :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Would like to view said comparison. I been running tour beats and they are perfect for me. Tried the ear pods just to see and I be damned they sound dare I say just as good. Only thing for me is comfort. My beats allow me to custom fit to my ear, i know apple has studied 6billion ears and come up with one style that fits them all. Reminds me of that one size fits all stretch fitted cap they came out with. Yeah it fits but it's far from that custom fit feel. That is the only reason my beats aren't on eBay yet.

Google is your friend. The most recent comparisons have also shown better bass response than the beats earbuds...which is surprising, since that seems to be the focus of most of the headphones that beats releases.

@Fausty...i completely agree with you, but I'm a big jaded, my wife uses studio level headsets at home for production work and i get to use them whenever i need some at home, Beats by Dre are certainly a "mainstream" headphone lineup that sells well because of name, not performance.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Of course. I googled before my original post. No results for the new earpods only the old. If its to much to share your particular source I understand.

iPhone 5’s New EarPods Have More Bass Than Dre’s Beats Earbuds [First Impressions] | Cult of Mac

Apple’s new EarPods have better sound quality than Dr. Dre

Apple "Earpods" vs. Dre Beats earbuds

...1 second google search found these headlines right up top...keep searching and you'll find more over the last week. Of course one could argue these blogs are a bit biased, I'm sure we'll have some more general reviews from less Apple focused websites soon. I've also read that the dre beats earbuds don't even work on most cell phones...and let's not forget that the Apple earpods are also a handsfree device, letting you make calls using them as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh