Did anyone return their iPhone 4S?

Did you return your iPhone 4S after testing it out for a few days?

• Total voters

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I took mine back. It was a solid performer but after having a 3GS and a 4, I was just tired of having basically the same thing. iOS5 just wasn't enough to thrill me. I exchanged it for a Samsung Galaxy SII and I'm really impressed with it. I haven't had any trouble with it other than being overwhelmed with being able to customize 7 screens (I still only have 5 done). I have nothing bad to say about the iPhone, thats for sure. I just needed a change.

It's ok. Sometimes people need less.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i know 4 people who have taken theirs back. to put it simply the "newness" wore off. their speeds were almost the same as their 4's and Siri was too gimmicky for a couple of them. most of them didn't think being locked in for 2 years was worth the better camera

i saved my upgrade for next year. which will be the longest i've ever waited to use an upgrade with any carrier i've had. i'm sure it will be worth it

my opinion is the 4S is a great device for newcomers and someone coming from the 3G or 3GS

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's ok. Sometimes people need less.

There is absolutely nothing less about the Samsung Galaxy S2. That said, I would rather not turn this thread into an Android VS iPhone battle as there are plenty of other threads on these forums to discuss that.

Reactions: tlo07

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so, Irish, it appears you went back to the 4. are you ready to go with a tethered jailbreak and use the semi-tethered tweak?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
so, Irish, it appears you went back to the 4. are you ready to go with a tethered jailbreak and use the semi-tethered tweak?

No. My PC died yesterday, and I'd rather not use my kids computer for jailbreaking. Besides that, I am not sure how much longer I will be sticking with iOS.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
There is absolutely nothing less about the Samsung Galaxy S2. That said, I would rather not turn this thread into an Android VS iPhone battle as there are plenty of other threads on these forums to discuss that.

i'm not sure why I didn't finish that post..i remember editing something but oh well. But i meant to say sometimes people want less control by Apple and more options to customize.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Do not update to 5.0.1 if you previously had no battery issue!

Had no Phone battery issues until updated to 5.0.1. For anyone who has no battey issues, DO NOT UPDATE! Phone battery drain now i ridiculous! ARGH!!!

I just spent 3 hours on phone with applecare troubleshooting incl. reset. didnt work. They told me another patch will come out. I said how do I know my phone battery will work better then. Dont want to reload everything and rest after patch and be back at square one, wasting that many hours again. now have to replace phone. Trying to get an appointment within a reasonable time to pick up replacement.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
^^this is exactly where 'I'm livin' in terms of enjoying my new 4S. I came from a bb and installing leaks or os's were never painless. The 4S was just a sheer joy to update in the matter of a whole 6 minutes it took mine to complete:) can't beat that!!

I second that. Blackberry here for 5-6 years now iPhone user

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Had no Phone battery issues until updated to 5.0.1. For anyone who has no battey issues, DO NOT UPDATE! Phone battery drain now i ridiculous! ARGH!!!

I just spent 3 hours on phone with applecare troubleshooting incl. reset. didnt work. They told me another patch will come out. I said how do I know my phone battery will work better then. Dont want to reload everything and rest after patch and be back at square one, wasting that many hours again. now have to replace phone. Trying to get an appointment within a reasonable time to pick up replacement.

Dang! All these battery complaints from the 4S owners is starting to remind me of the Android forums. There are a lot of battery complaints from people over there. Hopefully this issue gets resolved before the iPhone gets LTE.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My issue is gone .. Restore phone ... Restore from iCloud and bam awesome battery life .... Seems to be the way to go

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i'm not sure why I didn't finish that post..i remember editing something but oh well. But i meant to say sometimes people want less control by Apple and more options to customize.

It's all good. I get what you were trying to say and agree with you as well. :) If Apple did do this there might not be a need to jailbreak.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My issue is gone .. Restore phone ... Restore from iCloud and bam awesome battery life .... Seems to be the way to go

this is the way to go until apple releases a true fix. once i restored my battery woes went away. both on 5.0 and 5.0.1

+1, I did a restore on Sunday and my battery life is great now. I just plugged in after 6h 7m usage and 1 day standby- I was at 3%. I can't complain with those stats;):)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This seems to work well for some, however, there are still people having issues even after doing this work around. I'm glad I wasn't having any battery issues with the 4S that I had or it would have went back a lot sooner than it already did.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Not worked for me. I've lost count how many times I have restored, both as new and from a backup. None have improved battery life.
I am confident, however, that it is a software issue and that it will be sorted, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Not worked for me. I've lost count how many times I have restored, both as new and from a backup. None have improved battery life.
I am confident, however, that it is a software issue and that it will be sorted, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Maybe it's time for a genius bar appt ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal