Did anyone return their iPhone 4S?

Did you return your iPhone 4S after testing it out for a few days?

• Total voters

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Had my iPhone 4S for 29 days and returned it to AT&T this evening. Overall I would say that I liked the 4S a lot, however, in terms of what is supposed to be 4G speeds, it's not that much faster than my iPhone 4 at only 3.68 Mbps down and 1.16 Mbps upload speeds. I've tested it out in all the areas that I travel to for the most part and although it is fast, it is definitely not 4G. After work today I went to Verizon Wireless and got a chance to test out this phone: (Motorola Droid RAZR) http://www.waleg.com/techgadgets/images/motorola_razr_verizon.jpg. Given the fact that it is an LTE device, it blew my 4S away. There is no way after testing that phone out that I can live without a LTE smartphone for another year. Verizon already has their LTE up and running in my area so now might be a good time to switch. They are also offering a double data promotion on all of their LTE smartphones right now. This means I would be able to jump on their 4GB/$30 a month data plan which would be unlimited for me.

Did anyone else on here test out the 4S for a few days and return it? If so, what were your reasons?

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
If i had LTE in my area, i'd have to seriously think about it. But i suppose at the end of the day, all i need that speed for is browsing on my 3.5" screen. I don't have a problem doing all that, uploading pics, sending emails, etc with 3-4 mbps.

Streaming video of course needs the speed and i'm sure LTE would be great. But again, the 3G speeds are adequate and i hardly stream video as it is when out and about.

It will always come down to ecosystem, apps, performance, and features for me. And that iphone screen is killer.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm returning, but that's because I had extra I wasn't able to sell for the price I wanted.

I'm grandfathered with my unlimited plan atm, so I'm staying with mine.

grape8pe2

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
There's more to choosing a phone the network speed capability. 95% of the time I'm on Wi-Fi where I consistently have speeds of 20D/4U. The rest of the time AT&T's HSPA+ does a very good job for simple web browsing and loading videos. Sure, LTE is nice, but there's so much more to a smart phone than download speeds.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm returning, but that's because I had extra I wasn't able to sell for the price I wanted.

I'm grandfathered with my unlimited plan atm, so I'm staying with mine.

I'm a little confused here, sorry. Do you mean you got 2 iPhone 4S's even though you ordered one?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There's more to choosing a phone the network speed capability. 95% of the time I'm on Wi-Fi where I consistently have speeds of 20D/4U. The rest of the time AT&T's HSPA+ does a very good job for simple web browsing and loading videos. Sure, LTE is nice, but there's so much more to a smart phone than download speeds.

I understand what you are getting at here and do appreciate your reply. Since I am not always around a WiFi connection and primarily use a smartphone for data, I want/need something that is fast. Unfortunately, it looks like Apple won't be getting a LTE iPhone for 11 more months. One thing I will miss is Apple customer service. However, I have always had a good experience with Motorola in the past with their phones, so I'm hoping I will now if I switch.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I WISH I could return. After all the crap I just went through. But I don't like Android very much so that to me would be a dealbreaker for now.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't switch as 4 g is a battery killer. Had it for a year, never used it to often because of battery drain. Glad your happy, enjoy your new toy. ;)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Wouldn't switch as 4 g is a battery killer. Had it for a year, never used it to often because of battery drain. Glad your happy, enjoy your new toy. ;)

But of course you mean wimax. From what i hear, LTE is so much better. We were getting similar speeds to wimax on at&t with iphone 4.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Kept two, returned two

First of all, we love the 4S and we are keeping our two phones.

That said...

We returned the two phones that we had originally pre-ordered on Oct 9th because we were promised the phones on the 14th but when we got the email, it said it would take 21-28 days. So, we walked into the store on the 14th and purchased two additional phones from their shipment because they said they couldn't cancel our original order.

The original order took 26 days to arrive and we just had to "return" them when they got delivered to the store. Strange thing was that they couldn't just cancel or do a straight refund. They had to "activate" the phones first and also run another credit check to do so (WTF?) and then cancel the two new lines.

Methinks the sales rep gets credit for every new account he opens, whether or not the customer keeps the phone. :rolleyes:

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
First of all, we love the 4S and we are keeping our two phones.

That said...

We returned the two phones that we had originally pre-ordered on Oct 9th because we were promised the phones on the 14th but when we got the email, it said it would take 21-28 days. So, we walked into the store on the 14th and purchased two additional phones from their shipment because they said they couldn't cancel our original order.

The original order took 26 days to arrive and we just had to "return" them when they got delivered to the store. Strange thing was that they couldn't just cancel or do a straight refund. They had to "activate" the phones first and also run another credit check to do so (WTF?) and then cancel the two new lines.

Methinks the sales rep gets credit for every new account he opens, whether or not the customer keeps the phone. :rolleyes:
yet another reason why I hate AT&T

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPhone. It's so versatile. And when the new OS came out, it updated so quickly and easily, I couldn't believe it. I don't want to get rid of this now!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my iPhone. It's so versatile. And when the new OS came out, it updated so quickly and easily, I couldn't believe it. I don't want to get rid of this now!

^^this is exactly where 'I'm livin' in terms of enjoying my new 4S. I came from a bb and installing leaks or os's were never painless. The 4S was just a sheer joy to update in the matter of a whole 6 minutes it took mine to complete:) can't beat that!!

Reactions: sj-performance

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I love Apple and my 4S definitely will not be returning it!! I hope you enjoy your Droid...Ive been there done that, and will never go back!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Droid Razr? lol...

I love my iPhone...wont be returning it.

I've pretty much given up on the Droid RAZR as my first LTE smartphone after some of the user reviews for it that I've seen so far. I am glad that I went back to my iPhone 4 instead of getting the Droid last night, though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So what are you using that mandates LTE? We'll accept your resignation from this site anytime.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting LTE speeds given the fact that it is available and works well in my area. LOL, on my resignation from this site, given the fact that I'm still using an iPhone 4 and a iPad 2. ;)

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I took mine back. It was a solid performer but after having a 3GS and a 4, I was just tired of having basically the same thing. iOS5 just wasn't enough to thrill me. I exchanged it for a Samsung Galaxy SII and I'm really impressed with it. I haven't had any trouble with it other than being overwhelmed with being able to customize 7 screens (I still only have 5 done). I have nothing bad to say about the iPhone, thats for sure. I just needed a change.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox