Did anyone know about Back Tap?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Just saw an article about Back Tap. Didn’t even know this was a thing. It allows you to set up a shortcut just by a double tap or triple tap on the back of your phone. Settings>Accessibility>Touch, then scroll to the bottom where it says Back Tap. You set it up in there.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I just read about the back tap on Facebook today. Some friends of mine had just discovered it. I wonder if it works with the Apple leather case on the phone?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am having trouble with it now that I have the Apple Leather Case with Mag... mine was set for 2-taps to Lock Screen, 3-taps for screenshot. I was using an XS Max with an Apple Silicone case and it worked easily. Now with the 12 Pro Max and a leather case (I also have a silicone I have not opened yet) it's not recognizing that taps. I tried a few times last night and it took 2-3-4 taps to get it to do anything (for me)

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
And, to confirm, are you trying to tap in a similar spot to where you were tapping on your old iPhone?

Also, did you do a 'copy data from old phone to new phone, sitting next to each other'?
If so, I suggest turning the feature off, soft reset the phone, and then turn the feature on again, then try it...

I am having trouble with it now that I have the Apple Leather Case with Mag... mine was set for 2-taps to Lock Screen, 3-taps for screenshot. I was using an XS Max with an Apple Silicone case and it worked easily. Now with the 12 Pro Max and a leather case (I also have a silicone I have not opened yet) it's not recognizing that taps. I tried a few times last night and it took 2-3-4 taps to get it to do anything (for me)

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
And, to confirm, are you trying to tap in a similar spot to where you were tapping on your old iPhone?

Also, did you do a 'copy data from old phone to new phone, sitting next to each other'?
If so, I suggest turning the feature off, soft reset the phone, and then turn the feature on again, then try it...

I did a copy from phone to phone... it's working better today. I guess the phone needed time to settle down/index. There does seem to be a bit of a delay when tapping compared to the XS Max. When I double tap to lock the screen it has about a 1.5 sec delay, and for screen shot about 2-seconds. But it's working.

anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
Maybe since the device is now 'finished' updating, and soft reset might help...

I did a copy from phone to phone... it's working better today. I guess the phone needed time to settle down/index. There does seem to be a bit of a delay when tapping compared to the XS Max. When I double tap to lock the screen it has about a 1.5 sec delay, and for screen shot about 2-seconds. But it's working.

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I used it on my XS Max and it was sooooo sensitive, triggering if I put my phone down on my desk or any other hard surface. I was so frustrated by it I turned it off.

Any of y'all have it trigger unexpectedly?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used it on my XS Max and it was sooooo sensitive, triggering if I put my phone down on my desk or any other hard surface. I was so frustrated by it I turned it off.

Any of y'all have it trigger unexpectedly?

It's fairly sensitive, even through my OtterBox Commuter case.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I had some issues with opening mine early on. But it seems to be getting better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW