Devs updating apps for iPhone 5

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Just starting a conversation here, not bashing anyone. Just surprised at how many major app devs haven't updated yet. Such as Tapatalk.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but give them sometime. I'm sure apple is probably being slammed with approvals. It's been 2 weeks since the new screen size was announced. Not a long time but I feel you.

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Ya I feel u. I would've thought Rovio (angry birds) updated their games but they didn't. And ya I'm using taptalk as well lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ya I feel u. I would've thought Rovio (angry birds) updated their games but they didn't. And ya I'm using taptalk as well lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Considering Bad Piggies is not 16:9, not surprising Angry Birds isn't yet either.

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah but give them sometime. I'm sure apple is probably being slammed with approvals. It's been 2 weeks since the new screen size was announced. Not a long time but I feel you.

In the Keynote it's told that most of the Devs had already informed about the new screen size before the release of iPhone 5 and Apple even sent some devices to them for being able to upgrade their apps for the new screen size..

For me, I also agree that they should've been already updated more apps than nowadays.. The process was slow till now.. (I know its not same but when The New iPad released, there were more apps updated in a shorter time for the retina display iPad's resolution)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
In the Keynote it's told that most of the Devs had already informed about the new screen size before the release of iPhone 5 and Apple even sent some devices to them for being able to upgrade their apps for the new screen size..

For me, I also agree that they should've been already updated more apps than nowadays.. The process was slow till now.. (I know its not same but when The New iPad released, there were more apps updated in a shorter time for the retina display iPad's resolution)

Yeah I'm not sure how accurate that is because rumors were still going around about screen size and I'm quite sure all the tech blog have registered dev accounts do they can get their hands on beta products. Anyhow I'm not that impatient. Been 1 week since I have the phone and .5 inches isn't bothering yet especially when the apps I do use the most 5-6 have been updated lol.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many older apps, say Tiger Woods Golf for example, have developers who will look at this and feel that they made their money and will not invest the time or effort to ever make compatible with the 4" screen. I suppose that is possible in various cases.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I brought this up on Twitter last week. Apple made it sound very simple for devs to update for the new resolution yet very few have updated.

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
While I agree with the sentiment here...I have to admit, with the black iPhone 5, I often don't even notice when an app isn't optimized. If I really pay attention, I can see the bars on the top/bottom, but it really doesn't bother me.

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
While I agree with the sentiment here...I have to admit, with the black iPhone 5, I often don't even notice when an app isn't optimized. If I really pay attention, I can see the bars on the top/bottom, but it really doesn't bother me.

couldnt agree more. i never even notice when its not 16:9 with the black on black.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR