"Device Not Registered as part of iPhone Dev Program"

DjTechnics

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I purchased this phone recently. It's a iPhone 4 16GB. I went to activate my sim card and it gives me this:

"This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program

If you are a member of the program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Portal at http://developer.apple.com/iphone/."

I don't want to be part of the program, I just want the darn thing to work! To my understanding someone tried and failed to put iOS6 on this device. When I got the phone it wasn't charging through any outlet. PC/Wall/PS3/Mac. So i assumed that the charging port on the phone was damaged. I paid and got it professionally fix and now the phone charges, but only with the wall charger.

I understand I need to restore it back to the old 5.0 firmware, but how in the hell do I do it if my PC or MAC doesn't even recognize the darn device with itunes??? Any help??

Common Questions:
No its not the cable i tried 5 different ones.
No its not my PC or MAC because my wife's iPhone plugs in just fine.
No its no Apple Mobile Device software with iTunes, i checked it
No its not the port because it was just replaced.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried DFU mode restore? Maybe it will recognize it with that. If you do t know how to DFU, just google it and many tutorials on how to.

KitchenTel

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
If you do t know how to DFU, just google it and many tutorials on how to.
g.gif

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The person who fixed the port prob did something wrong is my guess so that it would charge

i doubt its the port, i bet its definitely because of the dev account/beta OS has bricked it. i heard that if the phone bricks from not having a dev account, that even in DFU mode, the phone isnt going to be recognized by itunes and wont be able to be restored. i figured DFU, manually load the 5.1.1 IPSW and all will be well. but a buddy of mine that works at an apple store said the techs were talking about this the other day and said that it may not work and may be permanently bricked. anyone know for sure what would happen??

reahn

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
i doubt its the port, i bet its definitely because of the dev account/beta OS has bricked it. i heard that if the phone bricks from not having a dev account, that even in DFU mode, the phone isnt going to be recognized by itunes and wont be able to be restored. i figured DFU, manually load the 5.1.1 IPSW and all will be well. but a buddy of mine that works at an apple store said the techs were talking about this the other day and said that it may not work and may be permanently bricked. anyone know for sure what would happen??

Unless a device is *truly* bricked. Cannot be used unless physically rebuilt, it can *always* be restore via DFU. Apple just doesnt want u to mess with betas. It is probably a USB or Computer problem. Download ios 5.1.1. Do a DFU Shift Restore to the FW

Sent from my iPhone 4S

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Unless a device is *truly* bricked. Cannot be used unless physically rebuilt, it can *always* be restore via DFU. Apple just doesnt want u to mess with betas. It is probably a USB or Computer problem. Download ios 5.1.1. Do a DFU Shift Restore to the FW

Sent from my iPhone 4S

thats what i figured, more of a scare tactic and generic canned response to keep people from attempting the betas. i figured that if the phone prompts for a dev activation, entering DFU mode is supposed to not boot up the loader and the OS. so shouldnt there be no way for it to prevent the OS load.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods