Delivery time....

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Not knowing any other appropriate thread to post this: I intend to order the iPhone Next/5 this month, possibly attempt a pre-order. From anyone's past experiences, how much time elapses between shipping confirmation and delivery (or order confirmation and delivery, for that matrter....)?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you pre-order (promptly) the phone, it will deliver on the day the phone is actually released for sale... (granted there are no issues with shipping to your specific address). If you do not pre-order the phone, the delivery time is purely based on available stock...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you pre-order (promptly) the phone, it will deliver on the day the phone is actually released for sale... (granted there are no issues with shipping to your specific address). If you do not pre-order the phone, the delivery time is purely based on available stock...

Not always true. Many got the 4 and 4s a day or so before it was available in store. Usually when you preorder( right away) it arrives before it is in stores.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not always true. Many got the 4 and 4s a day or so before it was available in store. Usually when you preorder( right away) it arrives before it is in stores.

Define "Many"... mistakes may have happened with shippers - they were few. To expect a pre-order to be delivered early is not realistic.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Last year I got my pre-order delivered on release day. I heard rumors a few got the 4 a day early, but don't recall anyone getting the 4S early. BTW, I was one of the first to pre-order, I think some later pre-orders weren't as prompt, IIRC.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I based my comment on the VAST majority of people who pre-ordered their phone...i can almost guarantee you the people who received their iPhone a day (or more) early was less than 5%.

As far as preordering "right away" as you put it, me and my wife pre-ordered our phones last year the moment the preordering system went online...we got ours around 11am the day it was released.

What you're referring to is a very VERY VEEEEERRRRY unlikely and uncommon scenario.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
From my experiences with preordering iPhones (3GS, 4 and 4S), I always got my device the day of release and that's what I would expect would be for most of those who do not miss the cut off before delayed shipments. My iPhone 4 even sat at my local fedex office for 2 days because they received strict orders to not deliver it until the release day. Shippers do make mistakes but what you find that most get it the day of release and those that get a day early are just lucky their local shipping office made a mistake.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Define "Many"... mistakes may have happened with shippers - they were few. To expect a pre-order to be delivered early is not realistic.

Check these forums and see how many people got the 4/4s early. Far from few and surely wasn't a "mistake"

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Check these forums and see how many people got the 4/4s early. Far from few and surely wasn't a "mistake"

I believe you to be incorrect. And I also believe it is sheer folly to set people up with an expectation that if they preorder, they will get the device before the 21st.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I believe you to be incorrect. And I also believe it is sheer folly to set people up with an expectation that if they preorder, they will get the device before the 21st.

I'm not setting anyone up with anything. I was going by previous experience but I forgot you are always right and nothing ever makes it early.....:rolleyes:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not setting anyone up with anything. I was going by previous experience but I forgot you are always right and nothing ever makes it early.....:rolleyes:

Really...

Above, you said:

Usually when you preorder( right away) it arrives before it is in stores.

That is setting people up for an experience the overwhelming majority will never see. Could a few get it early due to shippers failing to follow their explicit delivery instructions from Apple and carriers? Yes. Those that pre-order "right away" should not expect their phone to be delivered before 9/21. If one gets delivery earlier, it did not happen by design. That is fact.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You're flat out sensationalizing the idea of getting an iPhone early like it's something people who pre-order should expect to happen...the % of people who got their iPhone early is so small it's simply not relevant to a discussion about shipping times. You speak about people who said they got their 4S or 4 early...you realize half of those people were forum trolls who never posted again on here and just wanted attention right? (like the people proclaiming to have "official releases" over the last couple of weeks).

You quoted my post about the shipping times and said "That's not always true...", and while you do have some truth to that, it would be like having someone ask "How is the Ford Focus to drive?" and you pointing out that some people experienced car fires...even if that "some people" was like 2 out of 2,000,000,000.

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had two Ford Focus', very nice to drive. The new models are pretty nice.

Has this thread really gone several posts deep on whose right about arrival times of preorders? I LOVE THE INTERWEBS!!

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I recall having this discussion a year ago, and daydreaming about walking past everyone in line at the Apple store in the morning with my new 4S. (Not that they would know it wasn't a 4.) It didn't happen. I did end up at the store with my 4S later that day, but by then the line was gone and they had still not sold out.

I searched and did find a bunch of people posting that they got the 4 early two years ago, plus someone I talked to personally said he did when the VZW came out, but I could not find anyone getting the 4S early last year. If anybody posted such here on the forums, or elsewhere, please post the link here so we can settle this. So far as I can tell, though, it may have been true for iPhone 4 but not 4S.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2