Delete an iCloud account?

Exsurgo

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have a question regarding iCloud accounts. In several other posts I've read people suggesting that the iCloud account be deleted to solve whatever the issue may be. My question is how do you actually delete an iCloud account??

I ask because I have two iCloud accounts but only because I could not actually delete the first. I removed everything from the first account, and made it inactive by no longer using it, but most of the Apple forums stated once you've created the account, it's there for good. You can only make it "inactive".

If there is actually a way to DELETE the account, could someone please provide the steps? I would love to be able to delete that first account so I no longer need to be concerned about it.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you DO already have a NEW active iCloud account just use it, Forget the old one and just leave it alone. If there is nothing in it and you made it inactive, Nothing to worry about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to appleid.apple.com, login to "Manage Your Apple ID", go to the section that includes the email address, choose the alternate/iCloud email address you want to delete and then delete it.

Mifzal Mufthi

Banned
Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello. I have a question regarding iCloud accounts. In several other posts I've read people suggesting that the iCloud account be deleted to solve whatever the issue may be. My question is how do you actually delete an iCloud account??

I ask because I have two iCloud accounts but only because I could not actually delete the first. I removed everything from the first account, and made it inactive by no longer using it, but most of the Apple forums stated once you've created the account, it's there for good. You can only make it "inactive".

If there is actually a way to DELETE the account, could someone please provide the steps? I would love to be able to delete that first account so I no longer need to be concerned about it.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

It is very easy, as long as you have access to APPS