Delay when answering

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Has anyone noticed a delay when sliding to answer a call? I have an iPhone 5 on Verizon and when I answer, there's always a 3-4 second delay where I'm saying "hello?" Over and over because of the delay. Super annoying.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have one on AT&T. Nothing super annoying but I do have to repeat myself at the beginning a lot.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have not noticed this, but i have noticed a delay in hanging up after a lengthy phone call...i talked to my dad for about a half hour the other day and my phone simply wouldn't respond to any inputs for about 10sec. It was strange but eventually hung up and went back to normal. I don't remember having that kind of lag with any other iPhone before.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm on att, and I have noticed this. I will say that I seemed to have the same issue with my 4S as well though.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
tuffy100, I noticed this from day one. Now I have gotten used to saying "hello" a second later after picking up. Same thing has happened on my home line when we switched to magicjack.

Ioannis Makridis

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys i noticed that when i received calls while the screen was on and the phone NOT locked, every call could be answered with 0 delay. Therefore i enable the "reduce motion" from accessibility settings and everything is ok now :) The delay is produced by the slow animation of ios7. Please spread this solution everywhere as many iphone users are experiencing this problem! Peace!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys i noticed that when i received calls while the screen was on and the phone NOT locked, every call could be answered with 0 delay. Therefore i enable the "reduce motion" from accessibility settings and everything is ok now :) The delay is produced by the slow animation of ios7. Please spread this solution everywhere as many iphone users are experiencing this problem! Peace!

Thank you for the tip, but be aware that the last post prior to yours was made on November 15, 2012 and prior to the release of iOS 7...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Our phones have had that delay as well and on iOS 7. I've just trained myself to wait about 3 seconds before saying, "Hello". Otherwise, I have to repeat myself. I have not noticed if "Reduce Motion" has anything to do with it. I do keep "Reduce Motion" turned on most of the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ddearman0113