Decision Time

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using two phones? An iPhone and an Android phone? I have a 6s Plus which has been my go-to phone. The issue is that I always seem to long for the latest Galaxy Note phone every year. I picked up one and tomorrow is my 14th day. So last day to return. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it and have two phones or just stick with my iPhone only. I don't think I could give up my iPhone completely and only use the Note. Anyone else have similar issues?

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I would say that it's a matter of preference, but what does the Note give you that your iPhone doesn't? If you can think of some valid benefits then hold on to the Note If it were me, I would find two phones on two different platforms more of an inconvenience than a value. There are plenty of people around here that disagree with that mindset which is why you are really the only one who can make that decision.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Totally depends what you use your phone for. I maybe used half of the features the Note 5 offers. I just never used them. Note 5 was a great phone but I hardly ever used the SPen. My iPhone 6S Plus excels better than the Note 5 in what I use my phone for. Boils down to what you want your phone to do

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Another thing to consider... if you already own other Apple devices such as MBP, iMac, iPad, Apple TV etc. then it make sense to stick with your iPhone. You're already in that Apple ecosystem which makes all the devices sync and work with each other. If not, it all comes down to what you want to do with your phone. It just doesn't make sense to me owning 2 devices and serve the same purpose.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using two phones? An iPhone and an Android phone? I have a 6s Plus which has been my go-to phone. The issue is that I always seem to long for the latest Galaxy Note phone every year. I picked up one and tomorrow is my 14th day. So last day to return. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep it and have two phones or just stick with my iPhone only. I don't think I could give up my iPhone completely and only use the Note. Anyone else have similar issues?

I been in your shoes before, I used to want all the latest devices no matter if it was android, iOS or Windows, but I notice I always came right back to iOS. That was a sign to me and I have been using iOS ever since. Good luck with your decision and only your decision.

Sent from my Super iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I use to get very bored with iOS but then I got tired of Android all together. Lol ; and Windows, forget about that.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Another thing to consider... if you already own other Apple devices such as MBP, iMac, iPad, Apple TV etc. then it make sense to stick with your iPhone. You're already in that Apple ecosystem which makes all the devices sync and work with each other. If not, it all comes down to what you want to do with your phone. It just doesn't make sense to me owning 2 devices and serve the same purpose.
Good point. The cohesiveness of Apple devices was one of the ecosystem's biggest selling points when I made the jump to OSX/iOS, and it's gotten even better since then with features like handoff.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

I agree. I have an Apple TV, a MacBook, an iMac, and iPad and I LOVE the way everything works so well together. As it stands now, it looks like this Note 5 may be going back tomorrow.

gkl

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I will be dual-weilding a Z10 for calendar, email (3 personal and 1 work account), text, and BBM.

The 6S+ will be for all else. Basically an iPad for me.

I have not found anything that's better than BB's Hub for its purpose.

C.K400

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I was the same way for years! I started out only having nokias then blackberry then android, I had all the galaxy line from the very first one and the htc crap that was made out to be so awesome ( Samsung always had the better devices ) But was always curious about iPhone. So when the iPhone 5 came out with the slightly larger than normal screen I wanted to try it. It was the small screen from the 4s and down that deterred me from trying it. So I got the 5 and I was so impressed with the consistency and reliability. I also got the 5s when it came out and the 6 then the 6 plus after a few months of using the 6 I wanted to try the note 5 again and went right back after a few months. Also during the course of the 5 and 5s and 6 I went back to whatever the newest Samsung phone was ie the note 4 and s5 because I missed it but realized every time that they are laggy and buggy and unreliable with 10 restarts a day to clear the ram and ugh! So now I have the 6s Plus 128gb and a MacBook pro with i7 and 8gigs of ram and a 500 gb solid state HD and have it set up at home so I just plug in and have a desktop. All my kids have iPhones and iPads, my wife has the 6s Plus 128gb in gold and the same MacBook pro I do plus an iPad and I have an iPad mini plus iPods LOL its crazy but Apple has every one beat in my opinion. Just my little life story with apple LOL enjoy! I havent went back to try anything android since the 6 plus. My urges are gone now.

Eddster

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well my 6s Plus won in the end. I returned the Note 5 today. It's a fantastic phone, but I knew I couldn't live without my iPhone.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Last year I had a 6 plus & Galaxy S5. I loved my Galaxy for about 6 months then the novelty wore off & I ended up leaving it in my bag & not charging in for weeks at a time. Once the new iPhones came out I got the 6s plus to replace my plus & 6s to replace the GS5 & I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6, Lumia 640 and a Nexus 5. I just got a Moto X Pure Edition as well. I love using phones on multiple OS's. Choice is a good thing when it is a #firstworldproblem.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
No, I don't have that problem. I look at Samgung for what they are, and what they've done to other companies like Pioneer, LG, Dynason, Apple, and now a chip maker, amongst others.

When BB came out with its broken BB10, I tried Android. I bought an LG phone. When Apple came out with the big boy phones, I got a 6 +. Never been brainwashed enough to desire Samsung.

Yes I know they make some of the internals for some of my electronics, but my home is Samsung free on the outside of the devices.

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I SINCERLY was debating same thing keep the six plus and just get a new note 5....
But I prefer the six s plus (iPhone) so I ordered one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal