Decided to get the 5s.. Time to torture test the 5

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
So I originally wasn't going to waste the money on a 5s, but after hearing the positive reviews I decided to say "yes" to the idea.
That being said I think I might take my case and screen protector off the 5 and actually see how long it can last before it's a complete write off. Seems kind of wasteful I know, but I've always wondered if the screen protector case thing was overated

Sent from my iPhone 5

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
So I originally wasn't going to waste the money on a 5s, but after hearing the positive reviews I decided to say "yes" to the idea.
That being said I think I might take my case and screen protector off the 5 and actually see how long it can last before it's a complete write off. Seems kind of wasteful I know, but I've always wondered if the screen protector case thing was overated

Sent from my iPhone 5

Scratches build up, but they are very fine and hard to see. The 4S I bought I didn't bother with a screen protector. Upgraded to the 5s and I applied zagg. It's a nice phone and I'd like to protect the screen.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Scratches build up, but they are very fine and hard to see. The 4S I bought I didn't bother with a screen protector. Upgraded to the 5s and I applied zagg. It's a nice phone and I'd like to protect the screen.

I will also apply a screen protector and buy a case for my 5s on the off chance something does happen to it, I just wanted to see how much the 5 will actually withstand

Sent from my iPhone 5

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I will also apply a screen protector and buy a case for my 5s on the off chance something does happen to it, I just wanted to see how much the 5 will actually withstand

Sent from my iPhone 5

I like to use a gorilla glass screen protector with a matching border... looks and feels completely natural as though the phone is nekked.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have heard of the gorilla glass screen protectors, but have never been able to find them anywheres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe selling your 5 would be a smarter idea?

I have a four year old who loves playing games on my phone so once my iPhone 5 is at the point where I'm moving on from it I'm going to just take the sim out and load it up with games for her. I could sell it but would probably just use the money to buy my kid an iPad anyways so it's a catch 22

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
And if she breaks the old iPhone it won't hurt as bad as if she broke something "new"

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a four year old who loves playing games on my phone so once my iPhone 5 is at the point where I'm moving on from it I'm going to just take the sim out and load it up with games for her. I could sell it but would probably just use the money to buy my kid an iPad anyways so it's a catch 22

Yeah. Fair enough. It's funny how this world had changed. When I was that age I was forced to play outside lol.
The joys of technology nowadays!!

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Fair enough. It's funny how this world had changed. When I was that age I was forced to play outside lol.
The joys of technology nowadays!!

Yeah we live on a farm so she gets tons of outside time, but like most kids so she loves games and etc

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector. Do use a case.

The phones are stronger than one might think, for the larger things. Nicks come easily tho -- or so I found with a black/slate 5. My first one (pre-replacement) was damaged by its case, actually.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5

Don't waste the 5 I want it! I'm serious haha

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

Depends.

My first iPhone I had a screen protector, a case, everything. Since then, I've dropped the idea of a screen protector and I've gone 15months with one phone without a screen protector and it was fine. But I baby my phone a bit. A case with a lip for the screen goes a long way, IMO.

I'm planning to get just a case for the 5S.
And I'm also planning to keep it for 2yrs. <- Boy am I deluding myself, let me restate that. I will try my best to keep it for 2yrs and not upgrade early!

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Depends.

My first iPhone I had a screen protector, a case, everything. Since then, I've dropped the idea of a screen protector and I've gone 15months with one phone without a screen protector and it was fine. But I baby my phone a bit. A case with a lip for the screen goes a long way, IMO.

I'm planning to get just a case for the 5S.
And I'm also planning to keep it for 2yrs. <- Boy am I deluding myself, let me restate that. I will try my best to keep it for 2yrs and not upgrade early!

I said that about my 5 a year ago. Here I sit now with my new 64 gig space grey iPhone 5s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5

All depends how rough you are with things... but my iPhone 4 lasted 3 years, most of which was without a case... and at least a years worth of days without a screen protector. The phone is still far from a write-off... as I've now sold it to a friend, who gave it to his wife, and she is using it as her primary phone with no complaints. The only physical sign of wear was a couple scratches on the glass back and a very small scratch on the camera.

I'd imagine your 5 will last a good couple years bare naked, unless it routinely drops on concrete or asphalt.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox