Debate: iPhone 8 Plus Versus iPhone X

iPhone 8 Plus or iPhone X

• Total voters

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The power saving benefit of oled come from not having to light up the entire screen with a back light like you have to do with an LCD. This is why dark themes are preferred.(pixels are not on when the screen renders black) iOS 11 does not have a dark theme as was rumored earlier.

Precisely!
A dark theme with the new OLED iPhone X would be great.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It may not have a dark theme, but a number of apps do, and you can set your wallpaper to a dark wallpaper as well.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It may not have a dark theme, but a number of apps do, and you can set your wallpaper to a dark wallpaper as well.

Yeah but it’s still really odd to me that they haven’t come up with a dark mode considering the demand for it. I thought for sure it would come this year with the OLED display in the iPhone X. Maybe Apple didn’t get the memo?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Yeah but it’s still really odd to me that they haven’t come up with a dark mode considering the demand for it. I thought for sure it would come this year with the OLED display in the iPhone X. Maybe Apple didn’t get the memo?

I’m willing to bet the X gets a dark mode in a .1 or .2 update.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks please let me know how it is.

After a little time I'd say that my 8 battery life is similar to my S8+. It's not as good as my 7 Plus was though. The 8 isn't bad at all though. I can easily make it though a 12 hr day without worrying about needing to charge.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
After a little time I'd say that my 8 battery life is similar to my S8+. It's not as good as my 7 Plus was though. The 8 isn't bad at all though. I can easily make it though a 12 hr day without worrying about needing to charge.

Thanks!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks! I'm considering purchasing the 8 Plus.

TBH I would have gotten the Plus if I planned on keeping it. I'm most likely getting the X. If I decide to stick with an 8 model I'll trade the 8 for a Plus. I just got the 8 b/c I was sick of using my S8+ all the time and had a feeling the 8 would be easier to get on launch day.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
TBH I would have gotten the Plus if I planned on keeping it. I'm most likely getting the X. If I decide to stick with an 8 model I'll trade the 8 for a Plus. I just got the 8 b/c I was sick of using my S8+ all the time and had a feeling the 8 would be easier to get on launch day.

I'm almost certain I'm going to order the 8 Plus

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
This may be wrong, I’m just going by memory.

If I remember correctly, iPhone X lasts two hours longer than iPhone 7, that was said on stage during its presentation. The Plus models always last around 1 hour longer than the smaller models, which means iPhone X could last longer than iPhone 8, or at least that’s been the impression since it has a bigger battery than both iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and use an OLED screen that uses less power than the LCD in 8 and 8 Plus. iPhone X should last either just as long or longer than iPhone 8 Plus as far as I can remember

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
This may be wrong, I’m just going by memory.

If I remember correctly, iPhone X lasts two hours longer than iPhone 7, that was said on stage during its presentation. The Plus models always last around 1 hour longer than the smaller models, which means iPhone X could last longer than iPhone 8, or at least that’s been the impression since it has a bigger battery than both iPhone 8 and 8 Plus and use an OLED screen that uses less power than the LCD in 8 and 8 Plus. iPhone X should last either just as long or longer than iPhone 8 Plus as far as I can remember
Thanks, hopefully it's as long as the 8 Plus as I have an X coming in on Friday.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had both the 8 and the 8 plus and went back the the 8 because the plus was too big and cramped my hand if I held it for long periods of time.

Well, I preordered the X, received it last Friday, sold the 8 and not looking back. The new X feels great in my hand.

Being a Blackberry person, I love the gestures and reminds me of OS10. I am hoping Apple puts their engineering and capital resources into making the gesture concept work.

The X is now my daily driver and I love the device and looking forward to the future of IOS and gestures. Don’t miss the home button at all.

rsidhaarth

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I am new to iOS and my first iPhone was 8 Plus. I was really impressed with speed and battery performance.

I am a heavy user who attends 50 to 100 calls a day with Skype usage of 30 min or less. And also I do browse for 1 hour or less , WhatsApp, 10+ email syncing, LTE on all the time, reading on Tapatalk etc

With all this it last me a day. I do heard that X last longer, but unless I do test I can’t comment. I am skipping X and will get next year iPhone with improvements.

393c26a907dfea856d401abe4875778d.jpg

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Being a Blackberry person, I love the gestures and reminds me of OS10. I am hoping Apple puts their engineering and capital resources into making the gesture concept work.

Yes, I'm a fan of the gestures on my X because it reminds me of my last BlackBerry!

evanking527

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
According to some tests, it looks like the iPhone X gets significantly better battery life. I believe this is due to the OLED power savings and one other very important difference I’ve noticed. That major difference is this: iOS 11 is extremely optimized for the iPhone X. I had many strange bugs on my iPhone 7 Plus, to the point of deleting everything and downloading a clean install of iOS 11 from iTunes and restoring my data back on it. It took all afternoon and evening and still bugs persisted, multiple bugs, the entire time in had my 7 plus running iOS 11. I got the iPhone X and started fresh. I haven’t noticed the bugs that were plaguing me since the introduction of iOS 11. Of course they would want their super flagship device to be perfect, and I think they put extra optimization with iOS 11 on iPhone X, since the experience so far has been downright delectable

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2