Dead Pixel?

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed a black dot on my iPhone 5 within a couple weeks of owning it. I had a Zagg HD screen protector on and I decided to order a new one and see if it was possibly a spec of dirt that got under it. So I took off my screen protector and noticed it wasn't dirt, it was a dead pixel. It's pretty obvious when looking at a white page that it's there.

Anyways, I have AppleCare+. I have a Geniuis Bar appointment scheduled for tomorrow. What should I expect? A repair? A new phone? Do they even have new phones in yet? Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple will replace. Sometimes a whole new phone. When I had a 3GS they replace the display in store. Not sure they can do that with the 5.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Either way when you leave the Apple store the phone will be all better. They can replace the screens on the 5 easily.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I had that easy replacement! Do not pay $50 deductible for apple care. This is a defect and iPhone has zero tolerance on dead pixels. Download "dead spotters" to show the genius the pixel. Also inspect for scuffing if you have black.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had that easy replacement! Do not pay $50 deductible for apple care. This is a defect and iPhone has zero tolerance on dead pixels. Download "dead spotters" to show the genius the pixel. Also inspect for scuffing if you have black.

Dead pixel is not physical damage. They won't ask nobody to pay a deductible.

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

IAmAuthority

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
There is another thread with the same questions. From my past experience, if you have an Apple device that has dead pixel(s) and there is no visible damage to the phone; they will replace your defective unit right there in-store. Apples exchange system works quick and easy. Regardless of where you purchased the iDevice, they will still help you get a working unit.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner