Dead Pixel Issue

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Here is my story...

I bought my first iPhone 3G on July 12, brought it home and set it up. It worked perfectly fine til later on during the day when I started watching videos on it, I see 2 dead pixels on the bottom of the screen. Made an appointment with the Genius Bar ppl and got a replacement today. It was working great til recently when I was watching another video, low and behold another dead pixel on my brand new iPhone that I got today. This one is even more noticeable that the other 2 on the old phone. Just made another appointment for Wed cuz they didn't have anything available for Tues. Is is me or does anyone else get dead pixels on their new iPhone 3G?

Will be taking it back on Wed. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the new one I'm getting, fingers crossed. BTW, that will be iPhone number 3 in under 1 week.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For the first iPhone I exchanged 5 before I got one without a dead pixel. Even that one had one but it was really light and you could barely see it. I lived with it. My new one is good though. I do feel your pain.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I guess some ppl are just lucky. My friend didn't even have a dead pixel on his first iPhone and he abuses the crap out of his stuff. While there is ppl that take very good care of their thing and get defective products. That same friend is now on his perfect condition iPhone 3G, by the time he's done with it, the case with be all scratched up. Some ppl have all the luck, maybe that's why he's rich.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I haven't noticed any dead pixels....is there some way to verify (ie, a program that will turn the screen all one color so you can look for black dots or something)?

Chris

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I got the worst luck, my first 2 phones got dead pixels so i took them back. I got my 3rd one today and it got a piece of dust right in the middle of the screen. I don't want to take it back. Any suggestions?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I got the worst luck, my first 2 phones got dead pixels so i took them back. I got my 3rd one today and it got a piece of dust right in the middle of the screen. I don't want to take it back. Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear that. I would definately take the one with the dust back. Dead pixels can be fixed. Just search Youtube.com for Dead Pixel Repair. It should look like flashing colors.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I would definately take the one with the dust back. Dead pixels can be fixed. Just search Youtube.com for Dead Pixel Repair. It should look like flashing colors.

Nah, I've decided I'm not going back there anymore. I'm going to just live with the dust. I might try to open it up and blow the dust out.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I would take it back and check it before leaving the store, that's what i did, right in front of the genius