dBrand skin on my 6s

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
This is my first time applying a skin on my iPhone. Unlike the skin I applied on my old OnePlus One, it takes quite a while to perfectly adhere everything in place especially because of the corners. Loving it so far! :)

IMG_20160521_144500_60.jpg
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0224_70.jpg
IMG_0225_70.jpg
IMG_0226_70.jpg
IMG_0217_70.jpg

Last edited:

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
The back looks great but how do the corners look. I've seen these before and the corners look difficult to get right.

I've added more pictures of the corners in my original post. :) Applying the corners is indeed slightly tougher, but if you heat it up properly using hairdryer, it definitely isn't a huge effort because the skin is much softer and that's when you can easily apply them properly. If your phone heats up due to the direct heat from hairdryer, try doing another corner while letting the original corner to slightly cool down. Peeling the corner skin a few times doesn't seem to create any issues, but of course this need to be done politely to prevent damage to the corner skin.

Pcmx

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I like it even more with the clear case on , looks good glossy too and I have pretty much the exact same case

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
This is my first time applying a skin on my iPhone. Unlike the skin I applied on my old OnePlus One, it takes quite a while to perfectly adhere everything in place especially because of the corners. Loving it so far! :)

View attachment 107142
View attachment 107147
View attachment 107148
View attachment 107149
View attachment 107150
View attachment 107151
View attachment 107152

How long did it take you to apply it? I bought one a while back and couldn't get the corners right at all. And without a front side piece it always felt the edges of the skin, do you ever notice it?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Looks really nice! Since I'm going naked these days (my iPhone, that is) I'm considering a skin. I just need something for the back of the phone for when I set it down. Any suggestions?

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
How long did it take you to apply it? I bought one a while back and couldn't get the corners right at all. And without a front side piece it always felt the edges of the skin, do you ever notice it?
Hi, it took me about 30-45 minutes to fully apply everything. :) The most time consuming parts obviously are the corners which I did peel and stick repeatedly, reason probably being that I didn't use the highest heat level on my hairdyer. Medium heat didn't help much as it won't soften the skin a lot and directly impact the easiness of applying. Which was why in my original post I suggested to let a particular corner to rest/cool down if your attempts failed because I don't think it's a good idea to keep blowing a same corner with the heat. Until I started using highest heat, the skin seems to "obey" a lot more. Once the skin is soften, put your hairdryer aside, use both hands to deal with the skin, i.e. adjusting, pushing the skin and so on. Just try not to blow the heat directly and continuously onto your phone. I can slightly feel the edges as of now, but it was worse when I use medium heat since the skin didn't 100% adhered to the phone surface. :)

Looks really nice! Since I'm going naked these days (my iPhone, that is) I'm considering a skin. I just need something for the back of the phone for when I set it down. Any suggestions?
Hi, thank you. :) I don't have any experience with BestSkinEver as suggested by robertk328, but I did have experience with GhostArmor (which you will be given a few options such as front only or back only, types of the skins and so on). Both of these brands are more of the transparent type of skin, unlike dBrand which is textured and coloured. :)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi, thank you. :) I don't have any experience with BestSkinEver as suggested by robertk328, but I did have experience with GhostArmor (which you will be given a few options such as front only or back only, types of the skins and so on). Both of these brands are more of the transparent type of skin, unlike dBrand which is textured and coloured. :)

Thank you for the advice! I'll check GhostArmor and BestSkinEver, although I generally try to avoid anything @robertk328 recommends.

Shyuan

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the advice! I'll check GhostArmor and BestSkinEver, although I generally try to avoid anything @robertk328 recommends.

GhostArmor has a few types of skins, Ghost Armor (transparent glossy), Matte Armor (transparent matte) and DuraMatte (matte surface with picture/image design options). I tried Matte Armor before, turned out to be quite good (as I personally always love matte stuff). Unfortunately because I ordered it outside of USA/Canada, I was charged hefty import/duty fee, thus it was my first and last experience with GhostArmor. :p

Oh and with GhostArmor/BestSkinEver type of skin, you normally do need to spray some soapy water on it in order to apply properly. GhostArmor did supply me a little spray bottle and of course with installation guide. So, refer to their installation guide video and paper manual. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Oh and with GhostArmor/BestSkinEver type of skin, you normally do need to spray some soapy water on it in order to apply properly. GhostArmor did supply me a little spray bottle and of course with installation guide. So, refer to their installation guide video and paper manual. :)
I have also had good luck with a bowl of warm water with a few drops of dish soap. Drag the skin through it and use fingers to squeegee it a bit. Works well!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen