Database Error @ 'participated' - Link

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Since weeks, whenever I hit 'participated' to see the threads I participated in:

Attachment.png

So nobody fixed that, despite 'forum technical staff have been notified of the error'
And then, when sending an email with the error screenshot attached to forums-tech@mobilenations.com ,as per instructions in the error message ('contact them them if the problem persists'):

the email address doesn't exist!

I feel teased.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
This is happening on some of our sister forums as well. As has been stated in other threads, things are wonky, and have been reported by the forum administrator @Bla1ze.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I saw that message as well. None of the tabs in the discussion section work. I accessed through the forums tab at the bottom in TapaTalk.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
This is really annoying, as it was my usual routine to check 'participated' a couple of times each day.
Is anyone looking into this to find a solution?
Do the technical staff exist, and can they be reached, maybe under a different email ID than forums-tech@mobilenations.com ?
This is an essential feature, and I think not only for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is really annoying, as it was my usual routine to check 'participated' a couple of times each day.
Is anyone looking into this to find a solution?
Do the technical staff exist, and can they be reached, maybe under a different email ID than forums-tech@mobilenations.com ?
This is an essential feature, and I think not only for me.
Bla1se is supposed to be looking into it with tech. They sure are slow about it. It's really frustrating.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Bla1se is supposed to be looking into it with tech. They sure are slow about it. It's really frustrating.

I agree to a point. Since the forums are going so slow lately, it’s no big trouble to look in the unread or subscribed tab to see which treads you’ve participated in or not

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I agree to a point. Since the forums are going so slow lately, it’s no big trouble to look in the unread or subscribed tab to see which treads you’ve participated in or not

This means to retroactively subscribe to threads I participated in and am still interested in? I don't have the subscribe automatically option on. A bit clumsy but yes, a potential workaround.
And I don't see an unread link.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I don’t understand the question

You said “Since the forums are going so slow lately…..”. I’m assuming you mean traffic. So do you think the forums are slowing down because of the time of year or because of other Apple related forums on the internet?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You said “Since the forums are going so slow lately…..”. I’m assuming you mean traffic. So do you think the forums are slowing down because of the time of year or because of other Apple related forums on the internet?

It’s a general thing. It happens slowly but gradually.
I’m saddened to see it happening actually.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

There's nothing in my unread and subscribed. The only way I can access anything is through the Forums tab at the bottom. And that's rather difficult finding stuff.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
There's nothing in my unread and subscribed. The only way I can access anything is through the Forums tab at the bottom. And that's rather difficult finding stuff.

same here.
First I had to find the threads that I'm interested in, then select tools and subscribe - through control panel only.
Now I can find the threads under 'subscribed'.
I still can't find a link 'unread'.
But I'll see unread posts instantly under 'subscribed'.
So almost as if 'participated' worked.

But I would very much prefer 'participated' to function properly again, as it saves a couple of steps to achieve the same goal. Much more convenient.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My “Subscribed” section seems to be still working, albeit rather slowly, posts seem to be two days behind.
iMore.com is running 3 days behind .

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal