"Custom" alerts for emails

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I may be switching to an iPhone when the (we assume) iPhone 5 is released (I currently have an iPod touch 4).

One important consideration for me: I will have two email accounts in the phone, a personal and a business. I wish to be able to make it so the phone only alerts me to the incoming business emails, but give no audible alerts for the personal. Is this posible?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I may be switching to an iPhone when the (we assume) iPhone 5 is released (I currently have an iPod touch 4).

One important consideration for me: I will have two email accounts in the phone, a personal and a business. I wish to be able to make it so the phone only alerts me to the incoming business emails, but give no audible alerts for the personal. Is this posible?

Unfortunately not. :(

Custom email account and contact alerts/profiles are what I miss most about the BlackBerry. I have multiple accounts as well.

The Apple geniuses say that it may happen in a future update or possibly someone will create an app for customizable email features. Let's hope so!

rkguy

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I jail broke and use the mail enhancer app to do just that as well as use unique signatures for my different email accounts. Very handy app!! A must have

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely possible IF you don't mind using two apps for your mail...for instance you could set your business account in the native mail app, and use something like Sparrow (which doesn't do push) or Gmail for your other account (turning off the Sounds option in Settings>Gmail).

Another option that might be sufficient for your needs is to set both up in the native app, but then for your personal account change the "Mail Folders to Push" setting (in Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>your account name) to something besides your Inbox. That may mean you would need to go into that inbox directly to see any new mail, though.

Good luck!

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
My business account is gmail, the personal is Yahoo mail. I may have to have the business one pushed or auto-fetched, and the personal one manual fetched

Regards,
Bob
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey there,

I think I found a work-around. I found an app called Push Gmail from iLegendSoft Inc. that provides push for Gmail (as described) and custom notifications (both audible and screen), but also allows the native notification settings to work for the Yahoo account.

We'll see this fall....

BillHoward

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Another option...

...is AwayFind, an app/service that notifies you about important emails based on a variety of criteria, including when you have a meeting coming up with the person. I heard about it from Merlin Mann a couple months ago. Definitely worth checking out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner