Curious, which network are you rocking your iPhone X on??

SABRIAN70

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Really? What’s 4 lines with unlimited data with hotspot? Never thought of Verizon

$45 x 4 = $180.00 plus tax , not including device installments , but remember to keep Buisness profile you have to have 5 devices not phones but devices to keep profile

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have 4 lines of unlimited with T-Mobile including the LTE hotspot and HD video streaming. Also have insurance on both lines that include Apple Care Services. Also have 2 iPhone X’s financed. $180 per month including fees with T-Mobile. No other carrier is touching that. And yes this includes 2 iPhone X’s financed.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Was on Verizon for a while. Switched briefly to AT&T recently. But now on T-Mobile. I love having an unlocked phone!

EDIT: can’t complain

5e2a71ef84058abd9782646e3b79a8f1.png

Last edited:

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Vodafone IE ( Ireland)iPhone X. I travel to CT few times a year and automatically roam on AT&T which seems to be a very good network :yes:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I think Sprint & AT&T are the only carriers that have locked phones. I’m on Verizon & have never had a locked iPhone.

I wish T-mobile was good everywhere because the rates are unbeatable but I’m definitely happy with my service.

As of this year Verizon has stopped selling unlocked iPhones. This was announced earlier this year and was instituted in the spring. In the past, their phones were always unlocked.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I’m rocking the sick *** X on the worse service known to man VERIZON

Obviously service quality is subjective, but I have never, ever had an issue with Verizon. They have always treated me with exceptional service. Any issue I've had, they resolved immediately. Any billing issues, they fix and credit where appropriate. All my purchases are done online and they've always arrived on time. Activating devices has never been an issue.

I honestly don't have a single negative thing to say about Verizon and I've recommended them to many. They are the more pricey option around, but for the service, imo, it's been worth it. Coverage has never been an issue and the customer service folks are great, in my experience.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
As of this year Verizon has stopped selling unlocked iPhones. This was announced earlier this year and was instituted in the spring. In the past, their phones were always unlocked.

Yes and no. The phones are sim locked in transit and until sold, but are unlocked automatically with a carrier update once the phone is activated by a customer on a valid line. It’s to prevent the phone from being valuable if stolen from a warehouse, store storage before sale, from a truck in transit, etc.

However, they have said that they will start locking for a “period of time” starting in “the spring”, but haven’t announced how long that will be (but they will unlock for a customer when asked.)

And I believe that they haven’t started yet. Verizon said they would announce when it started, and I have not seen an announcement (though of course I may have missed it.)

See https://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-will-lock-its-smartphones-to-combat-theft/

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I saw this but it only applies to phones sold by them. If purchased through the manufacturer, the phone will still be unlocked.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Obviously service quality is subjective, but I have never, ever had an issue with Verizon. They have always treated me with exceptional service. Any issue I've had, they resolved immediately. Any billing issues, they fix and credit where appropriate. All my purchases are done online and they've always arrived on time. Activating devices has never been an issue.

I honestly don't have a single negative thing to say about Verizon and I've recommended them to many. They are the more pricey option around, but for the service, imo, it's been worth it. Coverage has never been an issue and the customer service folks are great, in my experience.

I totally agree with this!!! I travel too much to worry about service. Plus I have no issues whatsoever when I’m in the hospital. I can’t even complain about the cost.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Only until sold. To help prevent theft.

See the link above. That's what I was referencing. Verizon announced earlier in the year that they'd be locking them for longer. Apparently, they haven't instituted this change yet, though.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes and no. The phones are sim locked in transit and until sold, but are unlocked automatically with a carrier update once the phone is activated by a customer on a valid line. It’s to prevent the phone from being valuable if stolen from a warehouse, store storage before sale, from a truck in transit, etc.

However, they have said that they will start locking for a “period of time” starting in “the spring”, but haven’t announced how long that will be (but they will unlock for a customer when asked.)

And I believe that they haven’t started yet. Verizon said they would announce when it started, and I have not seen an announcement (though of course I may have missed it.)

See https://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-will-lock-its-smartphones-to-combat-theft/

Thanks for the clarification

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
See the link above. That's what I was referencing. Verizon announced earlier in the year that they'd be locking them for longer. Apparently, they haven't instituted this change yet, though.

Yeah I know about that link :p. I frequent the Verizon subreddit and everyone talked about it a lot. We will see if they actually put it in place or just kind of forget about it (either that or wait until the next iPhone release).

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know about that link :p. I frequent the Verizon subreddit and everyone talked about it a lot. We will see if they actually put it in place or just kind of forget about it (either that or wait until the next iPhone release).

Well, they are planning this for all phones, not just iPhones.

I saw this but it only applies to phones sold by them. If purchased through the manufacturer, the phone will still be unlocked.

Do you have a link for this? Because while I know that SIM-free phones sold by Apple will not be locked (be definition) when a Verizon customer buys one (like I did in March, and like I did for my son last year, to avoid the ridiculous Verizon "upgrade fee"), I would think that any iPhones with a Verizon SIM which Apple will activate for you when they sell you one would be subject to the same policy.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro