Crazy Data usage on iPhone 5

d_pang

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 5 yesterday on fido with LTE and after setting up my phone (eg. gmail, iCloud) I went into settings>general>usage>cellular usage> and under cellular network data is said I had used 66MB. Now my plan only has 500MB so I would like to know how did my iPhone use that much data within an hour. After downloading twitter, facebook and instagram over lte is now says I have used 100mb! After only using it for iMessages now it says I have used 174MB. Today when I woke up I checked again to see that it says I have used 175mb while I was asleep? Since I cannot check data usage on my fido account since its the first month is this usage accurate and does LTE actually use that much data? Any help is appreciated.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
LTE does not use more data then 3g its just faster. Your usage seems somewhat normal. IOS apps are typically larger then android but they also work better and look better. Do u not have access to wifi?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Last month i went over my data plan 3 times...this billing cycle i haven't even hit the 75% mark yet. It really made me curious as to what was going on exactly because i don't feel i changed anything substantially from last cycle to this cycle, but AT&T has been very unhelpful with this, explaining that the data was used and there was no way for them to see how it was used except generically "data usage".

asuperstarr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Sad situation, but I experienced the same issue. I was talked to as if I didn't know what I was talking about. There something not right with AT&T Data usage and you can't tell a customer the problem.

The unfortunate thing is AT&T Doesn't care about there customer.

d_pang

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Everything is fine for me now, in the fido my account app it says i only used around 75 mb which is somewhat accurate compared to around 250mb in settings>general>usage>cellular usage