CRAPPY APPS and CRAPPY REVIEWERS

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm pissed off at this whole App Store thing.

I think it's a great idea, but it just now seems so poorly executed.
Apple boasted that there are now what, 15,000 apps in total? Too bad pretty much every single one of them are CRAP.

One example is that, I bought Tweetie tonight, had 4 star rating and many good reviews from the app review sites. Tried it out, couldn't figure it out, almost threw the phone against a wall. Instead, erased it, wasted a few bucks. You can call me stupid all you want for not being able to figure out a program, but when I'm on AIM or MSN, it's not that F****** hard to figure out.

Secondly, the reviewers are seriously demented on this the store.
Some people give 1 star rating but on the written part, they are saying it's the best app ever!!! Or there are people who say "Wow, I love this app but it doesn't have (insert something extremely unimportant and unrelated to the app itself), so I'm going to give it 2 stars.

Way too many apps are unuseful just copies of each other, there needs to be a clarity for this kind of confusion.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I agree that the App store rating system is flawed because people are stupid. I recommend searching sites like this one for reviews in apps that you are nervous about.

I'm sorry you're having issues with Tweetie. This is actually a very good Twitter application. What problems were you having? You can redownload it for free and get help getting started. If you don't have a twitter account, you have to get one on the web before using Tweetie.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm pissed off at this whole App Store thing.

I think it's a great idea, but it just now seems so poorly executed.
Apple boasted that there are now what, 15,000 apps in total? Too bad pretty much every single one of them are CRAP.

One example is that, I bought Tweetie tonight, had 4 star rating and many good reviews from the app review sites. Tried it out, couldn't figure it out, almost threw the phone against a wall. Instead, erased it, wasted a few bucks. You can call me stupid all you want for not being able to figure out a program, but when I'm on AIM or MSN, it's not that F****** hard to figure out.

Secondly, the reviewers are seriously demented on this the store.
Some people give 1 star rating but on the written part, they are saying it's the best app ever!!! Or there are people who say "Wow, I love this app but it doesn't have (insert something extremely unimportant and unrelated to the app itself), so I'm going to give it 2 stars.

Way too many apps are unuseful just copies of each other, there needs to be a clarity for this kind of confusion.

Tweetie is a very good twitter program. If you can figure out Twitter on the web, tweetie should come very easy. Perhaps you haven't created an account yet?

Yes, the rating system for apps has its flaws. But so does every other online rating system. Look at amazon.com, they have the same issues too. But these systems work. You can't just look at the star ratings, you have to also read the reviews to get the total picture.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Welcome to the App Store. The review system has seen a few improvements lately; such as showing the amount of each star review and date/version stamping reviews. But there are still many problems.

Apple boosts 25,000 apps now, and at least 24,500 are garbage. Everyone just thinks they can cash in like a few people have done. So they wip up some clone or something really easy and think they will get rich. The store is flooded with crApps. There must be 300 RSS readers and such.

The only solution really is to be very careful with your dollars when it is a paid app. I really only tend to pay for games, most everything else there are many free alternatives. Stick with the bigger name companies who have official apps, most of the independent are no good and are just people trying to hit gold.

cbramsey5898

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone..... (yet). What I am doing is combing through forums like this one to see what apps give me the biggest bang for my $$.

Why reinvent the wheel. :)

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You couldn't figure out Tweetie? Holy ****, dude, it's a ****ing Twitter client. How ****ing hard can it be?

beastface

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
The problem is

The number of submitted apps over the last 8 months has gone exponential.

Exponential expansion in nature and w/man is unsustainable.... so, I think the app store is getting ready to cause everyone to lose a lot of interest.... like the NASDAQ 1999.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro