Crackberry has it, why not the iphoneblog

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
:eek: Crackberry has it, why not the iphoneblog!!!!

Members, Member and more Member. Kevin and the fine folks at Crackberry.com just cracked the 400,000 member mark last week and hoping to break the 500,000 by New Years, but how is it the this year alone (if I read this right) 10 Million iPhone were sold, and the iPhoneblog has only has 3,220 members. In addition iPhone actually out sold RIM for the first time. I admit I was a long time BB user and still miss a few features but common on. The two biggest smartphones on the market and the membership here is laughably (in a really that is all way). Doing the numbers if Crackberry does get another 100,000 members by new year, that gives roughly 60 days, with about 1,600 new members a day. So with in two days the would already supersede what is had here.

This is only my opinion and in no way I work for smartphone experts (since all of these sites are owned by them) and have no where near the knowledge of Rene or Dieter or the other fine folks here, but we need to get the word out. The iPhoneBlog Rocks!!!!

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
What we need to do as members is spread the word of this awesome forum. There is only so much that the editors can do, so it is up to us to get the TiPb forum out to new users.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
Imho, the iphone isn't really a full fledged smartphone/PDA. Many power users utilize POS WM or BB products which reflects in forum membership. Many apps on the iPhone are light compared to the above. A lot of people here aren't even tech savy, having come from a dumb phone e.g. Razor, etc. And gripe about some simple stuff. Your average dumb phone user isn't a member of a forum and I think that average is the people who crossed over to the iPhone. I love my iPhone but my Treo was such a heavier device for what I used it for. My iPhone seems more like a cool toy. People on here talk about game apps. The iPhone doesn't have a simple file management.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Also, consider that even though the iPhone is the hot new thing (and has been for a year), Blackberry has been around for a LONG time. They have a lot of people who have used those devices over many many years. Apple has only had about a year to compete with that!

While I disagree that the iPhone is not a full fledged smartphone, I think that it gives the casual user an impression that it is more of a media device than a full fledged smartphone. Most of what a Blackberry (or Treo, or WM device) can do, an iPhone can do as well. It's just that the focus is on the media and gaming applications, so it seems to most people that it is mostly a media and gaming device.

Chris

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Not mention BB has how many phones available and the iPhone just 2... And this site is pretty new. Patience....

ExBBUser

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
crackberry as been around a lot longer. and like ash said, look at all the phones that RIM has compared to Apple. of course you are not likely to get that many people on the forums with a 2 iPhones. now if Apple starts rolling out cheaper iPhones and different variations. im sure this will be the forum that is happening.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
And there are tons of apple sites which cover the iphone as well, big ones like macrumors. So it's not as easy to build up quick. Give it time.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Why do you think that is? The average person who buys an Iphone is unintelligent and they buy it because they think it is "cool", the ultimate fashion accessory.

I would not go that far. And that's pretty insulting assuming that the average person is unintelligent. So would you say that about iPods as well? Maybe they are just really good products? :rolleyes:

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
That is insulting, I am a college grad, have a good job and flipped from a Blackberry to an iPhone for 2 reason, I don't wear it on my hip like a bunch of blackberry uses do.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Why do you think that is? The average person who buys an Iphone is unintelligent and they buy it because they think it is "cool", the ultimate fashion accessory.

I decided not to respond to this at first, but as there are these two replies below, I will add my opinion.

I would not go that far. And that's pretty insulting assuming that the average person is unintelligent. So would you say that about iPods as well? Maybe they are just really good products? :rolleyes:

That is insulting, I am a college grad, have a good job and flipped from a Blackberry to an iPhone for 2 reason, I don't wear it on my hip like a bunch of blackberry uses do.

I know this is but a small sample, but I have found that the "average" iPhone user is not unintelligent. To the contrary, I find that most people with an iPhone are intelligent people who don't see the technology as a fashion accessory, but rather a device that allows them to accomplish the tasks they need to be productive with a little flair and personality.

Your opinion is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. Do remember that opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one. Sometimes it is just better to keep your opinion to yourself.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Intelligence has nothing to do with ease of use. Look at the satisfaction level the iPhone just scored. Totally blew the Blackberry away.

Like we said on the blogs, it seems people prefer fewer features that are delightfully easy to use over gobsmacks of features cobbled together in a near impenetrable way.

My godson could use my iPhone remarkably well when he was 2 years old. All he could do with my Treo was throw it at my head.

Gadget aptitude is not the same as intelligence, and the iPhone is doing so well because it makes things simple and easy and enjoyable.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
BTW- Getting more people on the forums is also simple, just not as easy:

Go get two friends to sign up, then have them get two friends, and so on, and so on :)

rpalumbo#IM

Sep 26, 2008
Visit site
My godson could use my iPhone remarkably well when he was 2 years old. All he could do with my Treo was throw it at my head.

Gadget aptitude is not the same as intelligence, and the iPhone is doing so well because it makes things simple and easy and enjoyable.

I just wanted to make a quick comment regarding ease of use. This weekend while having breakfast with my mother, she actually was amazed at how easy the IPhone is. The letters/numbers are so much bigger than that of other Smartphone and after I showed the grocery app and other functions she is now tempted to purchase an iPhone. Now you have to know my mother, short little Italian lady that has a cell phone that belongs in the Smithsonian and who still uses AOL even though she has Comcast DSL. Anyway because there is only one button to really use, it makes the iPhone a very easy phone. Plus for me I use my phone for business, because viewing a PDF 20 page contract on a iPhone is so much better than that on a Blackberry and when Doc2Go comes out, it will make the iPhone rock a little better!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo