COVID Vaccine Chat

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
I was on the fence about getting the vaccine and dragged my feet, but I got both of my Pfizer vaccines in June 2021. I had a headache, sore arm and was fatigued with the first shot for 36 hours. The 2nd shot I had no symptoms with it. Fast forward to now, 3 out of the 4 people in my household caught COVID the week of Christmas and the week after (including me). My 4 yo never caught it and can’t get the vaccine until he turn 5 in July this year. My oldest who is 10, isn’t vaccinated and had the least amount of symptoms compared to my fiancé and I who are fully vaccinated. I had the worst symptoms out of everyone and also have asthma as well as my 10yo. I have to say for me, I really think the vaccine kept me from being hospitalized due to my asthma flared up and I was sick for about a week. I’m still dealing with fatigue and headaches. The breathlessness finally went away. I’m almost 2 weeks out from testing negative.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
So, I just had my 3rd dose. It took me exactly 0 minutes of waiting in a queue.
Let’s see how KO I am tomorrow

Third dose was Comirnaty.

I have to see my doctor before I can get the Pfizer booster (which I am on the fence about). I did get my flu shot in November. I’m tired of being stuck with a needle.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have to see my doctor before I can get the Pfizer booster (which I am on the fence about). I did get my flu shot in November. I’m tired of being stuck with a needle.

I felt the same way about the booster. So I had a long chat with my Dr., and she felt I should get it because I am a diabetic. So I did. I totally understand you're being tired of needles. I think we're all feeling like pin cushions of late!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I was on the fence about getting the vaccine and dragged my feet, but I got both of my Pfizer vaccines in June 2021. I had a headache, sore arm and was fatigued with the first shot for 36 hours. The 2nd shot I had no symptoms with it. Fast forward to now, 3 out of the 4 people in my household caught COVID the week of Christmas and the week after (including me). My 4 yo never caught it and can’t get the vaccine until he turn 5 in July this year. My oldest who is 10, isn’t vaccinated and had the least amount of symptoms compared to my fiancé and I who are fully vaccinated. I had the worst symptoms out of everyone and also have asthma as well as my 10yo. I have to say for me, I really think the vaccine kept me from being hospitalized due to my asthma flared up and I was sick for about a week. I’m still dealing with fatigue and headaches. The breathlessness finally went away. I’m almost 2 weeks out from testing negative.

Glad you are doing ok. I’m sure, with your asthma, you saved yourself time in the hospital. Most of our patients, especially those in icu, have copd, asthma, etc. It’s hard to watch them suffer.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Update on me: Only a sore arm, that's it for side-effects :)

Everyone's situation is different, so you should consult with your GP/Family Doctor. They are the medical experts and know you better than anyone on the Internet :)

I'm personally sure that the two doses you have received did help with your COVID-19 symptoms. Even if you get infected, symptoms are usually less severe for those with vaccination.

I personally hate needles, always have. That said, I follow the advice from the Public Health Agency, so it didn't take a lot of convincing for me. Also, I have immunocompromised people around me, so I have a responsibility towards them.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
I felt the same way about the booster. So I had a long chat with my Dr., and she felt I should get it because I am a diabetic. So I did. I totally understand you're being tired of needles. I think we're all feeling like pin cushions of late!

Yeah I’m going to sit down with mine and have a long talk with her regarding the booster. I have asthma, so I want to make sure it would be helping me.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Glad you are doing ok. I’m sure, with your asthma, you saved yourself time in the hospital. Most of our patients, especially those in icu, have copd, asthma, etc. It’s hard to watch them suffer.

That was the first thing I was worried about. When my oxygen level dropped I knew I was sick and I needed to the ER to get steroids to help with the inflammation in my chest.

Momof2_1711

Jul 17, 2021
Visit site
Update on me: Only a sore arm, that's it for side-effects :)

Everyone's situation is different, so you should consult with your GP/Family Doctor. They are the medical experts and know you better than anyone on the Internet :)

I'm personally sure that the two doses you have received did help with your COVID-19 symptoms. Even if you get infected, symptoms are usually less severe for those with vaccination.

I personally hate needles, always have. That said, I follow the advice from the Public Health Agency, so it didn't take a lot of convincing for me. Also, I have immunocompromised people around me, so I have a responsibility towards them.

I have 2 kids who also have asthma so I figured me getting the vaccine would be beneficial to them as well. Now I have to get my 10yo antibodies tested before she can get the vaccine. My 4yo can’t get it until July when he turn 5.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just tested positive for COVID. This is my second time having it... the first time was in November of 2020. I am fully vaccinated and boosted, and thankfully, my symptoms are mild. I am working from home, for the rest of the week and will go back to the office next week.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I just tested positive for COVID. This is my second time having it... the first time was in November of 2020. I am fully vaccinated and boosted, and thankfully, my symptoms are mild. I am working from home, for the rest of the week and will go back to the office next week.

Get well soon.

anon(10729025)

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site

Get well soon Annie!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

Hope you have a quick recovery!

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Glad to hear they are mild symptoms. Get well soon!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Hope you feel better soon, Annie.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Get well soon, Annie… :)

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site

Praying you feel better soon and can be finished with this awful disease .

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Hope you feel better soon!!