COVID Vaccine Chat

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Who's had the Vaccine? Which one did you have? How did you feel afterward? If you haven't had it yet, will you?

After recovering from COVID last November, I initially didn't think that I would need to get the vaccine, but it seems that I should, and will. I'm not eligible until tomorrow. So I'll join in the fray of trying to get an appointment.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Who's had the Vaccine? Which one did you have? How did you feel afterward? If you haven't had it yet, will you?

After recovering from COVID last November, I initially didn't think that I would need to get the vaccine, but it seems that I should, and will. I'm not eligible until tomorrow. So I'll join in the fray of trying to get an appointment.

Wife & self had it Monday. She from Tuesday felt fluey but no fever. Improved a lot today. I felt a little bit like I'd just woke up most of yesterday. Paracetamol ( Tylenol in US,) every 6H and lots of water seems the oft mentioned remedy.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wife & self had it Monday. She from Tuesday felt fluey but no fever. Improved a lot today. I felt a little bit like I'd just woke up most of yesterday. Paracetamol ( Tylenol in US,) every 6H and lots of water seems the oft mentioned remedy.

I'm glad you got both have gotten it. Do you have appointments scheduled for the 2nd one?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you got both have gotten it. Do you have appointments scheduled for the 2nd one?

There is a major push on to do it as the stats seem low ( cases, hospitalizations, deaths). BUT that's only because our population is also low. On a percentage basis it's very very high now thus the curfew and lockdown restrictions which will stay until they get more of a handle on it. The jab itself was a non-event though.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I was told at the beginning of the pandemic I was essential since I work in transportation. Going from state to state to make sure people have the essential items for life. Apparently though, according to our lovely governor, essential enough to get put at the back of the line. I’m on a wait list to get on a wait list. End rant.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
We live in suburban Cook County IL. Although we are eligible as of February 25 due to comorbidities, it's anybody's guess when there will be enough vaccines for the remaining frontline workers and elderly who should receive it first. We plan to get it as soon as we can.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
We live in suburban Cook County IL. Although we are eligible as of February 25 due to comorbidities, it's anybody's guess when there will be enough vaccines for the remaining frontline workers and elderly who should receive it first. We plan to get it as soon as we can.

It was the 'comorbidity' factor which got us in relatively early. I hate the word but the significance of hypertension & diabetes is apparently real especially for seniors (us)

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I work in healthcare and got both mine (Pfiser) about a month ago. I had no issues.

I advise anyone, especially those with comorbidities, to get vaccinated. Even if you've had Covid. Also, continue to wear a mask and social distance as best as possible.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m not eligible to get the vaccine yet up here, in Montréal, Canada.

They’re vaccinating priority group 3 (80 years of age and older) if I understand correctly. I’m in priority group 9, which is “essential workers with client contact”. General adult population is group 10.

I don’t expect to be vaccinated before August at the rate the provincial government is rolling it out for Montréal. And yes, I’m getting vaccinated… being able to see my mother is 100 reasons enough for me. They had me at “95% effective at preventing severe symptoms”.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
A bunch of appointments opened up on Saturday and I was able to schedule my first injection for this morning. Everything went great. I had no choice of which vaccine I was to get, but happily got the Pfizer, which was the one I had hoped for. My second shot is scheduled for April 7th.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I tested positive 11 days ago, the VA gave me z Pack, antibiotics, vitamin C, D and Zinc and sent me home and told me to quarantine for 10 days.

I finally went out today and played some golf and got some fresh air, I feel better, just a small cough, still taking the vitamins daily. Will have to be tested again before I can do my sleep study the end of the month.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I tested positive 11 days ago, the VA gave me z Pack, antibiotics, vitamin C, D and Zinc and sent me home and told me to quarantine for 10 days.

I finally went out today and played some golf and got some fresh air, I feel better, just a small cough, still taking the vitamins daily. Will have to be tested again before I can do my sleep study the end of the month.

I'm glad you're feeling better! Mucinex helped a great deal with my cough!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I work in the medical field, but I haven’t gotten it yet. I had been on the fence about it, even though I’ve been eligible for a while. It’s not that I think there’s anything wrong with the vaccine, I just don’t do meds & have only gotten the flu vaccine once, which caused my tonsils to swell leading me to undergo 2 tonsillectomies. At some point, I’ll go ahead & get it, since the benefits outweigh the risks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro