Could Apple add Always On Display to the X with a

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
They could add always on with a software update if they wanted to. The real question is whether or not they’ll choose to.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don’t see it happening. I honestly don’t miss that feature at all from my S8. Didn’t serve much of a point for me. Especially with an Apple Watch.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Always-on display+OLED display =burn-in. Suspect Apple may avoid creating this sinkhole for themselves!

Want this on Apple Watch, since still LCD! Watch needs always-on option.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I don’t see it happening. I honestly don’t miss that feature at all from my S8. Didn’t serve much of a point for me. Especially with an Apple Watch.

I'm right there with you. The only reason I used Always On with my S8+ was to see the time. Now that I'm back on iOS that has a good smartwatch platform I just look at my AW.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm right there with you. The only reason I used Always On with my S8+ was to see the time. Now that I'm back on iOS that has a good smartwatch platform I just look at my AW.

Ditto this. My AW eliminates any need for me to have an always on display. That said, if and when it happens, I am sure some very innovative folks will find amazing uses for it that we will all wonder how we lived without.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Always-on display+OLED display =burn-in. Suspect Apple may avoid creating this sinkhole for themselves!

Want this on Apple Watch, since still LCD! Watch needs always-on option.

Samsung made it so the display on the Always On Display switched positions every so often to avoid screen burn in.

verks

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
Apple needs this. On both the watch and phone. Having a watch that doesn't always display time is ridiculous. When working at my desk having the ability to glance at my iPhone to see the time and what messages I have waiting would be great. It is one of the things I really miss from my Note8. Unfortunately Apple can be a bit stubborn to implement certain features. If done right the battery impact is minimal. I sure hope it happens in a software update but if they did decide to add this feature it would most likely be a tent pole feature for iOS 12.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro