Cookie Prompt Extended Madness - iMore Only

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
I start this new thread as the old one which also contains pieces about this problem has a different and misleading title.

Is there nobody to remove this cookie prompt madness which is much worse on iMore than the crazyness that goes on on most other sites?

Regardless of where (Safari, Firefox, on the Mac), and regardless of which page flip (new page, retourn to previous etc.), the prompt pops up ALWAYS.

On other sites with 'regular' crazyness, it pops up once when I enter the site for the first time, but not again as long as I stay on the site, regardless of which of its pages I dial to.

I therefore strongly believe it's an iMore thing, which started after the release of the new design.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Several of us have tried to replicate the problem, however, to this point our attempts have been unsuccessful.

I am currently on my iPhone and am also perusing the iMore Blog site. I have yet to see any prompt in regard to cookies.

On what device are you witnessing the behavior you’re reporting?

A) Windows Computer (desktop/laptop)
B) Mac Computer (iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook)
C) iPad
D) Non-Apple tablet
E) iPhone
F) Non-Apple smartphone

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Not on Windows nor iOS.
Originally, on Safari and Firefox on the Mac (as per OP)
I installed Firefox a week ago, for one purpose only: to avoid the prompts on Safari. But they were there too. I stayed there with iMore, for no particular reason.
Now that you asked, I went back to Safari and it did NOT reoccur.
Back to Firefox an it's still there.

I have no explanation.

You can end your efforts or put them on standby if that's any possible. I can now go back to Safari without being harrassed for the time being, hoping it won't reoccur. I will come back here if it does. Thanks & sorry.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
and sadly, it came back today, in Safari, on my Macbook.
I have no clue why, and why now, as I did not change nor add anything since my last post 7 days ago.
Again, this is only on iMore, and the prompts pop up for every single page change.
So annoying.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
and like magic, after a few days, and after ~100 or so rejects, the prompts have stopped to appear.
In return, a thick ad-bar shows on every new page call, crossing and overlaying the screen right in the middle. And the best thing about it: it's empty! Can be klicked away but still annoying. Not that I would be remotely interested in some more ad content, but what's the point....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR