Convince me

Windowsmoose

May 5, 2017
Visit site
I'm currently a windows phone user. If I were to move to a different platform I'm interested to know why it would be best to choose ios instead of anything else?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
First and foremost, because you want to use iOS. There is no amount of features or security worth using a phone you don't like.

Secondly and on, iOS has regular software updates for all devices at the same time for usually five years until EOL. This year the iPhone 5 gets the drop off. Due to iOS's closed system the security is better and Apple has been implementing even more security features lately, this also allows Apple to have a team of real people checking the code for apps submitted to the App Store to prevent the greater majority of malware. iOS has the largest App Store on the market and a great number of apps are better on iOS than other platforms.

If you have multiple Apple devices, Continuity is a killer feature, being able to switch active tasks between devices in real time. iOS may not have all the cutting edge features, or even some older features that a lot of people like, however, it's a safe bet that when Apple implements those features it will work flawlessly, or at least as expected. TouchID is the fastest and most reliable fingerprint sensor I've ever used. The iPhone 7 Plus also has the most perfect LED screen that any phone will ever see. Apple also has the most accurate on screen keyboard I've ever used. Better than GBoard and better than SwiftKey after learning my touch points.

Really, just play around with iOS in stores or on friends' phones and see if you like it. If you don't like it it's not worth switching.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Convince Me

Just try it and see if you're convinced. We can give you paragraph after paragraph about how good iOS is but you won't know for yourself until you actually try out an iOS device. You can always return it.

Windowsmoose

May 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all your comments. Safety seems a big plus to me, especially compared to android. The one thing that confuses me a little is the ability to upload music to iCloud like I can with photos. Do I need an apple music subscription?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore @Windowsmoose! Thanks for the question.

I would choose IOS because it's software is simple to use and very quick. You also get some nice 'bragging rights' when it comes to benchmarking and using Apps to test performance. Especially on the iPhone 6s and 7. Also, Apple normally supports devices for 4+ years which is much better than 2+ years for most Android manufacturers :)

As @metllicamilitia said, if you own a lot of Apple devices and buy into the IOS / MacOS ecosystem Continuity is a great feature to have
Continuity is a killer feature, being able to switch active tasks between devices in real time.

Safety seems a big plus to me, especially compared to android

With regards to security on Android, the best option would be a Blackberry KEYone. It has really fast security updates and a lot of 'under the hood' security improvements to make your device safer. Whether you choose Android or IOS, you will have a LOT more Apps to choose form compared to Windows Mobile :)

Windowsmoose

May 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi, thanks for all your replies, very useful. But can I upload all my music to iCloud like I can with onedrive and have the iPhone stream it? There doesn't seem to be much storage space on an iPhone. Or is it easier just to stick with Microsoft groove music with onedrive?

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thanks for all your replies, very useful. But can I upload all my music to iCloud like I can with onedrive and have the iPhone stream it? There doesn't seem to be much storage space on an iPhone. Or is it easier just to stick with Microsoft groove music with onedrive?

To be honest, I can't remember if you can do that without an Apple Music subscription, which $10/month with your first three months free, and some products like the BeatsX also come with a code that you can use to get an additional 3 months free or use in the iTunes Store. I myself have a 256GB 7 Plus, and I have a little over 3,300 songs on my phone and it only takes up 22.57GB.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
You can use this app to listen your music from cloud (never try it though), and also maybe some ads

0098e1f74a6a5d18eba4e61dfcb588f2.jpg