Control through USB?

Gingesylo89

Feb 25, 2019
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

So I've switched to apple.

The one thing I miss is being able to plug in my phone to my work pc through usb and have full control over it.

I don't have access to wifi at work so would need a way to do this on ios with usb.

Does anyone know of an app or program that I can do this with?

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
What are you trying to do? Control your phone I don’t understand. Are you trying to use your phone on your pc?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore. As @o4liberty has already suggested, I don't understand your question either. We need more details so that we can try and help you.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I'm not sure plugging a phone into a PC via USB gives you full control over it..mine doesn't. Maybe a better explanation might let us know what you're trying to do. Enjoy the forum.

Gingesylo89

Feb 25, 2019
Visit site
Apologies if I didn’t explain very well.

With my android phone I was able to use a program called [redacted]. Phone would be plugged in through usb and I would have full control over the phone from my pc so I was able to use my phone without touching the phone.

I hope I’ve explained it a bit better

Last edited by a moderator:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Apologies if I didn’t explain very well.

With my android phone I was able to use a program called scrcpy. Phone would be plugged in through usb and I would have full control over the phone from my pc so I was able to use my phone without touching the phone.

I hope I’ve explained it a bit better

There is an app in the App Store, Team Viewer, might be what you are looking for. Here is their website:

https://www.teamviewer.com/en/latest-version/

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In a day or two, an unknown person will reply with the name of the required app. ...

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
As a former Android user, I think I know which program you were using, or, there were several of these. Unfortunately, Apple doesn't have the same mindset as Google when it comes to openness of its software. It's the trade-off you make; privacy and less malware, or doing cool things like controlling your phone with your PC.

Gingesylo89

Feb 25, 2019
Visit site
I'm seriously contemplating going back to android if I can't find a solution.

Didn't think I'd miss being able to control my phone through my pc lol

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it just normal customer services I would ring or is there another department?

Regular customer service they will direct you to the correct department. From my research I really don’t believe there is a way to do what you want.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen