Contact ringtones not staying set

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Was wondering if anyone else is having any trouble keeping their personalized contact ringtones set. Mine keep going back to default even tho they are still showing as set they ring whatever I happen to have set for the default. Happened on my 6 and now my 7 after 6 months. Was hoping Apple had this issue sorted, guess not.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you set up your 7 with an iCloud back up of your 6? If so, you may need to restore your phone as new. Not from a back up. But you first might try disabling the custom ringtones from the contacts, then do a hard reset:
7 Reset
Hold the power/wake button and the volume down button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. Then release.

Then set the custom ringtones back.
Another thing to try before a restore is Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Set it up from scratch as I do all my new devices but bear in mind it has worked flawlessly for about 6 months and this happened out of the blue and no new app installs or anything. I revisited Android for a good year between the 6 and 7, coming back to the 7 later. I can try your reset advice later when I have more time. Thanks for replying.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Set it up from scratch as I do all my new devices but bear in mind it has worked flawlessly for about 6 months and this happened out of the blue and no new app installs or anything. I revisited Android for a good year between the 6 and 7, coming back to the 7 later. I can try your reset advice later when I have more time. Thanks for replying.

Since you had 2 phones do that, it's likely not the device. Even though you set it up from scratch, I would advise restoring through iTunes on computer. This would put an absolute fresh copy of the OS on the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elena4151