Considering returning to iOS- which iPad gives the best bang for the buck?

Jeff123816

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been using a Windows 8 tablet for a few years and while it's occasionally convenient to have access to a full desktop PC on the go, I've found it lacking in tablet-based apps and normally find myself being forced to use the desktop, which makes for a poor experience. Windows 10 is going to make the tablet experience even worse as it strips out some of the most useful touch interface in order to please people on desktop PCs. The lack of touch-based apps has been problematic and so I've been considering moving to an iPad but haven't used iOS since the iPhone 3GS and have never had an iPad, so I?m a bit out of the loop (I use a Windows phone also). I don?t want to spend a ton of money on an Air 2 and so I was wondering what people thought about buying a used 3rd or 4th generation iPad at this point. Have these devices aged well in terms of speed and compatibility with apps? Would it be a waste to spend $200 on an iPad 3? I?m thinking that I would need at least 32 GB of storage but want to stay around $200 or so. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPad 3 and wouldn't recommend it at this point. It was very ambitious with the retina display and as a result, tends to be slower than almost every other iPad out there on the latest iOS.

Honestly, best bang for the buck is an Air 2. It will support all the new multitasking features in iOS9 due to 2GB of RAM, and will be the most future proof.

Otherwise, iPad Air or iPad mini 2. I wouldn't get anything older than that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am in agreement with Mikeo007, depending on what you're planning on using the iPad for. If it's just to check email, stream music, video and other typical stuff then an iPad 3 would be more than enough.

ON3S3V3NTHR33

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I have an iPad air. I'm running iOS 9 beta on it. I definitely recommend it, an iPad air 2, or an iPad mini 2 or 3.

Do yourself a favor, drop the 30 pin connector. You'll be glad you did.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox