Coming back to iPhone

Derewd

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I just ordered an iPhone 7 (a few years old, i know), but im pretty excited.

Recently I went on a trip to Disneyland with my sister. I have a Note 8, and she has an iPhone X. I took some photos, and checked the Disneyland app throughout the day, and before the end of the day, my battery was dead. Meanwhile, my sister did the exact same thing + LOTS and LOTS of social media posting/browsing while in lines, and she still had around 70% battery life at the end of the day! Needless to say, i was blown away, and instantly decided to switch back. Id also like to mention, my note 8 was purchased last December while my sis has had her phone for well over a year. The only other difference I can think of is that im on Sprint, and shes on ATT. Not sure if that makes a big difference, but still noteworthy. Anyways, im ready to come back! Phone should be delivered today.

Any iOS exclusive apps anyone recommends?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Exclusive? Not sure, but there are a ton of iOS apps for you to install from the App Store. Whatever you're interested in, there's probably an app for it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome back to the iPhone. That is exciting! I am also on AT&T but do not know about battery life being affected by which carrier you're on. It could have something to do with the location of the nearest tower.

As far as Apps go, installing Apps from any other source than Apple's App Store is not recommended. If you do find a way to install Apps from another source, you should be aware that you are opening yourself up to all sorts of security risks.

There are all sorts of threads about Apps here on iMore. You can find them here in this forum: https://forums.imore.com/iphone-apps-games/

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and enjoy your new device. There are plenty of apps in the App Store you can choose from. As others have stated, I would not install app outside the App Store.

PrincessB

Trusted Member
Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered an iPhone 7 (a few years old, i know), but im pretty excited.

Recently I went on a trip to Disneyland with my sister. I have a Note 8, and she has an iPhone X. I took some photos, and checked the Disneyland app throughout the day, and before the end of the day, my battery was dead. Meanwhile, my sister did the exact same thing + LOTS and LOTS of social media posting/browsing while in lines, and she still had around 70% battery life at the end of the day! Needless to say, i was blown away, and instantly decided to switch back. Id also like to mention, my note 8 was purchased last December while my sis has had her phone for well over a year. The only other difference I can think of is that im on Sprint, and shes on ATT. Not sure if that makes a big difference, but still noteworthy. Anyways, im ready to come back! Phone should be delivered today.

Any iOS exclusive apps anyone recommends?

Yay! Welcome back! I had an Android after having an iPhone and desperately wanted to switch back to the iPhone. I was so desperate that at the time I bought an iPhone 4 that was only 8gb. This was back when sprint started to carry iPhones. I haven’t looked back since. Personally I prefer iPhone.

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
I'd like to go back and see how much the 7 truly differs from my XS (other than aesthetically) given that a big criticism of Apple is the whole evolution rather than revolution from model to model thing. Sure the camera may not be as good and it might not be quite as fast but if you got a good deal on it I'm willing to bet you may be surprised.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen