Coming back to iPhone

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I made a big mistake and I am man enough to admit it. As a previously dedicated BlackBerry user I got sucked back in by the Bold Touch. While it is a pretty nice phone for a BB, it is no iPhone 4. The good news is that I sold my Bold for enough money to cover buying an iPhone 4 (not a 4S, but that's ok).

I do have a question about the iCloud. My wife has an iPhone 4 as well and is currently using almost the full 5 gigs of free space. We share one iTunes account so that we can share music, videos, apps, etc... Do we also then share only the 5 gigs of free space in the iCloud? My assumption is that we do, but I want to be sure before I consider buying more space.

Thank you.

Moneymiike420

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Have an iPhone 4s but I don't use iCloud so i can't help u out with your question but I'd call up apple or your carrier to know for sure cause I'm sure it might have something to do with your plan..

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Have an iPhone 4s but I don't use iCloud so i can't help u out with your question but I'd call up apple or your carrier to know for sure cause I'm sure it might have something to do with your plan..

Thank you for your response. I may have to just call Apple. I am pretty sure that the iCloud has nothing to do with my phone plan. I believe it is connected to Apple and not the carrier.

I was hoping someone that uses the iCloud could help. I don't plan on using it for much either. I just want to know how much space I have to work with between the two devices that we have at this point.

megabandit

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Each person can have an iCloud account independent of the iTunes store account. You're not required to share the iCloud service in order to continue sharing through iTunes. They work separately. I hope this helps.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Congrats, I made the same switch you did. I had the Bold 9650...upgraded to the iPhone 4...saw the shiny new Bold 9930....then I missed the iPhone and picked up a used iP4.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you use the same Apple ID then yes you are sharing the free 5GB. However the 5GB only counts to your mail, app backup I beleive as far as I remember.

OK here it is from the Apple site

When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5GB of free storage. And that?s plenty of room, because of the way iCloud stores your content. Your purchased music, apps, books, and TV shows, as well as your Photo Stream, don?t count against your free storage. Since your mail, documents, Camera Roll, account information, settings, and other app data don?t use as much space, you?ll find that 5GB goes a long way.

Reactions: cwbcpa

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro