Coming back from Androidland. At least for now.

May 7, 2017
Visit site
I've been in Androidland for nearly two years with 2 small times going back to iPhone. I have the Galaxy S8 now, but I have hit my limit with Android. I like the customization, etc, but I miss iMessage, iTunes, the simplicity of iPhone and the incredible battery life of the plus phones. I may go back to Android down the road, but I just kind of snapped with it finally. I'm looking forward to the 7Plus. I had one for a week around Christmas and returned it. I regretted it as soon as I did. Glad to be coming back to iPhone.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Me as well. I have am iPhone 7 plus. S8 plus and an LG G6.
While the s8 and the g6 have better screens and awesome cameras I miss my iPhone....
The g6 has an ok battery. The s8 plus comes very close to my 7 plus in battery.
But I must say I hate typing on Android keyboards iphone is so much easier to type on

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
Me as well. I have am iPhone 7 plus. S8 plus and an LG G6.
While the s8 and the g6 have better screens and awesome cameras I miss my iPhone....
The g6 has an ok battery. The s8 plus comes very close to my 7 plus in battery.
But I must say I hate typing on Android keyboards iphone is so much easier to type on

I refused to go back to iPhone because I was not going to accept a total downgrade in screen quality. I finally caved in and said enough of this android OS. I wanted iMessage and FaceTime back. My entire family uses iPhones and sending videos via iMessage is the best feature. No more forcing everyone to use WhatsApp! I'm so happy I went back to iOS. I may have sacrificed a beautiful revolutionary screen, but to me the functions of iOS are more important to me at this time in my life right now.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I just moved over from android last month after being there exclusively for 4 years. While android was a great OS, it's just been so much better on the dark side here

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Welcome back to #TeamApple @drewdroid71. Hopefully we can keep you for a little while 😃 Congratulations on your new 7 Plus, that is certainly one beautifully performances device. I'm sure you are going to love it.

See you around the forums. What have you don't with your Galaxy S8 if I may ask?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am currently using an S8 Plus and love it. I also own a 7 Plus and enjoy it. I'm currently leaning towards my S8 Plus. Both good phones but my 7 Plus feels dated next to my S8 Plus.

But I will welcome you back to the iPhone. Great device.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Both good phones but my 7 Plus feels dated next to my S8 Plus.

Other than the larger size (which I agree makes it less easy to use one handed), what about the 7+ is "dated"? Are you referring to the hardware or are you saying iOS is dated compared to android?

I'm just curious because I can respect the hardware prospective, especially for people who have been using apple exclusively for many years and want a change. But software wise I personally don't see it.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! I'm currently bouncing between my 7 Plus and the Galaxy S8. I agree...the Apple services are top notch. It really makes switching seem like a nightmare.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Other than the larger size (which I agree makes it less easy to use one handed), what about the 7+ is "dated"? Are you referring to the hardware or are you saying iOS is dated compared to android?

I'm just curious because I can respect the hardware prospective, especially for people who have been using apple exclusively for many years and want a change. But software wise I personally don't see it.

I have been exclusive to the iPhone since its introduction. I've also had a BlackBerry and Samsung S5.

Hardware wise, the S8 Plus feels lighter, smaller and definitely faster that 7 plus. It just feels smoother than my 7. Samsung really stepped it up this time. This is not the Galaxy of the past. Samsung put some serious thought into the S8.

As for the software side of things, I'd call it a draw between the 7 & the S8. iOS 10 is nice but Nougat is right there with it. Both have their pros and cons. Where the 7 is ahead is available apps and the quality of them. Mind you the android side of things is getting closer. Where the S8 is ahead is the customisation of the phone.

Don't get me wrong I love both my 7 Plus and S8 Plus. They are both great devices. But I honestly think Samsung has put out a challenge for Apple. Plus with the arrival of the Note 8 later this year which looks like it could be another good one for Samsung. Especially after their failure with the Note 7. I think that epic fail taught Samsung a valuable lesson.

Last edited:

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been exclusive to the iPhone since its introduction. I've also had a BlackBerry and Samsung S5.

Hardware wise, the S8 Plus feels lighter, smaller and definitely faster that 7 plus. It just feels smoother than my 7. Samsung really stepped it up this time. This is not the Galaxy of the past. Samsung put some serious thought into the S8.

As for the software side of things, I'd call it a draw between the 7 & the S8. iOS 10 is nice but Nougat is right there with it. Both have their pros and cons. Where the 7 is ahead is available apps and the quality of them. Mind you the android side of things is getting closer. Where the S8 is ahead is the customisation of the phone.

Don't get me wrong I love both my 7 Plus and S8 Plus. They are both great devices. But I honestly think Samsung has put out a challenge for Apple. Plus with the arrival of the Note 8 later this year which looks like it could be another good one for Samsung. Especially after their failure with the Note 7. I think that epic fail taught Samsung a valuable lesson.

Nice feedback, thanks for the input! I agree with Samsung evolving the software side, having used the S3 and then i got an S6 when it released it was clear Samsung had learned the remove 'weight' from TW and it helped A LOT. I got to play around with the S8 a bunch of times and its definitely even lighter now than what it was 2 years prior, so its good they've learned that valuable lesson. So when we talk about "outdated", its primarily hardware wise and i get it...i love my 7+, wouldnt give it up for any device, but can admit the weight and thin design of the S8 surpasses the size of the 7+.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I switched to the 7 Plus a week ago from a lifetime of Android use. I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I don't see myself going back to Android unless iPhones continously get more expensive and if Google finally figures out security and support.

I don't find iOS any more boring than Android was getting. Pretty much all the same features.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
The only thing i wish is that i could change the font and the color of the background in messages... i prefer black backgrounds not white... that is my only gripe!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back to iOS. I've spent my fair share of time on Android. The amount of customization can be overwhelming for sure. Personally I think the typing experience is best on iOS and I prefer iOS apps to their Android counterparts. Not only that, iOS just works best for me. That's not to say I don't like Android, I do, just not for a long term daily driver.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal