Cleaning the MacBook screen

kevb23

Nov 10, 2018
Visit site
Anyone have any cleaning tips for the MacBook? Ive heard just a micro fiber cloth and water, Ive tried electronic cleaner, but didn't love the result. Any tips or tricks?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Anyone have any cleaning tips for the MacBook? Ive heard just a micro fiber cloth and water, Ive tried electronic cleaner, but didn't love the result. Any tips or tricks?

There's a thread dedicated to this topic, and there are lots of suggestions in it. I don't have a Mac, but I use Whoosh! on my other devices. One of the posted in the thread used to work at an Apple Store and said that they used Whoosh! to clean screens and such.

https://forums.imore.com/ask-question/427593-mac-screen-cleaning.html#post3187309

SvenJ

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Apple sells a cleaning cloth...for $20. It is actually quite good. It comes with their $6000 displays, so you know they think it is good. It is fairly substantial, not like the flimsy things you get with glasses. They recommend moistening the cloth with a 70-percent isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution. If you want to get excited about this cloth, watch iJustine's review of it.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Apple sells a cleaning cloth...for $20. It is actually quite good. It comes with their $6000 displays, so you know they think it is good. It is fairly substantial, not like the flimsy things you get with glasses. They recommend moistening the cloth with a 70-percent isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution. If you want to get excited about this cloth, watch iJustine's review of it.

Methinks the guys getting excited watching her review aren't getting excited over the cloth. ;)

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
It is actually an excellent cloth, maybe as good as you can get. It is overpriced at 19$ but I think in Apple’s product and sales entry database, without executive override the lowest price defaults at 19$.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy