Cigarette Lighter Mount - Any Recommendations?

ibegary

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm tried of a windshield mount for 'ease of use' reasons and it would be a lot easier if I had a cigarette light mount.

Any ones that will charge a phone while in a "incase" hard shell case?

Thanks for all your help.

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for one myself.. I drive a F150 and the windshield is just to far away. I looked at Bestbuy but they didn't have any cig lighter mounts..

It doesn't even have to charge because my Sony radio charges my phone while streaming music....
I have an Otterbox defender case, so it needs to be a universal thing as well.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I would be vary careful if you plan on using one of those, the socket in recent cars are made out of extremely cheap materials and it is not designed to take the weight or strain from having a heavy mount arm and phone attached to it. I would be willing to bet that after a few weeks of using it you will run into one or two issues: first the socket will tear away and break and second the wires feeding the socket will get torn and therefor no longer provide any power, anyone that has taken apart a newer vehicle dash knows fixing it is not going to be cheap or easy!

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I would be vary careful if you plan on using one of those, the socket in recent cars are made out of extremely cheap materials and it is not designed to take the weight or strain from having a heavy mount arm and phone attached to it. I would be willing to bet that after a few weeks of using it you will run into one or two issues: first the socket will tear away and break and second the wires feeding the socket will get torn and therefor no longer provide any power, anyone that has taken apart a newer vehicle dash knows fixing it is not going to be cheap or easy!

Thanks for the words of caution Turbo.. Any suggestions on a better alternative for a car mount?

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I just use the cup holder in my car and in my work truck I have a cheap ebay mount screwed right to the dash, gotta love old work trucks! I did buy a macally brand cupholder mount and it was really high quality but it didnt fit my cars cupholders very well as they are sort of oval shaped, I would reccomend looking into one of those if you have a nice cupholder area to put it into.

mCup Macally Peripherals

Reactions: SMELTN

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You know thats NOT a bad idea.. My F150 has 2 cup holders on the dash that I never use.... hmmmm good idea

Just hope it will work with my Otterbox Defender case

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh