Chipped iPhone

twizler3

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 4 feel and the black/dark area between the antenna band and actual bezel/screen has chipped. Has this happened to anyone else and if so how much did it cost to fix?

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You talking about the side of the phone by silver band? If it's one the screen side you will have to replace the whole front panel if your gold with electronics you can replace it yourself by watching YouTube tutorials. If it's on the back it's a simple process of removing the bottom 2 screws and sliding the back off and replacing it. The back is simple to replace. Front not so much. Check out cnn.cn for replacement parts or ifixit.com. I have ordered from cnn.cn before and they do deliver it's not a scam and it is safe to order from them. Ifixit has a bunch of good reviews and I haven't heard anything bad about them. Or there's always ebay

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You will have to take the entire device apart to replace that. Not a easy task unless you have done it before

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh and as for price. Apples out of warranty service price is $199. And since its physical damage it's considered out of service.

JarScott

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Chipped iPhone 4

This same thing happened to me too! A tiny one appeared a week after opening the box. But then, a few days ago, I dropped it, and a bigger one appeared. I payed ?510 for a phone that *should* be less flimsy than this!! V angry. It's more of an annoyance. I've ordered a Speck fitted case to cover it up, but, I'll still know it's there!! I've attached an image.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This same thing happened to me too! A tiny one appeared a week after opening the box. But then, a few days ago, I dropped it, and a bigger one appeared. I payed ?510 for a phone that *should* be less flimsy than this!! V angry. It's more of an annoyance. I've ordered a Speck fitted case to cover it up, but, I'll still know it's there!! I've attached an image.

Just because you paid a lot for it doesn't mean it's gonna withstand abuse... clearly it was dropped on or hit in that location... glass breaks... GorillaGlass notwithstanding.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
+1 Hank! ... I am a big believer in having a case, most cases will protect from the small cosmetic damages, phones are likely to get dropped, better to be safe than sorry.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 Hank! ... I am a big believer in having a case, most cases will protect from the small cosmetic damages, phones are likely to get dropped, better to be safe than sorry.

I agree as well. My Speck case is probably the biggest reason why there was no damage to my iPhone 4 even though it was dropped 3 times. There are a lot of cases out there that ad minimal bulk to the iPhone now for those that hate using a case for this reason.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox