Chinese demand for iPhone 14 continues to outpace that of iPhone 13

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
“Chinese demand for iPhone 14 continues to outpace that of iPhone 13”

Umm, How did the Chinese get access to buying iPhone 14s 2+ months before they go on sale? If they haven’t bought iPhone 14s yet then demand for iPhone 14s in China or anywhere else is 100% speculation. For some background on this, checkout the internet wayback machine targeting several years ago regarding iPhone sales in China along with the words “expected” “peaked” “cratering”.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
“Chinese demand for iPhone 14 continues to outpace that of iPhone 13”

Umm, How did the Chinese get access to buying iPhone 14s 2+ months before they go on sale? If they haven’t bought iPhone 14s yet then demand for iPhone 14s in China or anywhere else is 100% speculation. For some background on this, checkout the internet wayback machine targeting several years ago regarding iPhone sales in China along with the words “expected” “peaked” “cratering”.

Its a crappy title, but It is according to distributors/suppliers in China and the fact apple currently dominates the premium market in China and well globally, or as the article puts it “a simple case of market domination.”

8a4b7e120abdc545294fd6bb00d20833.jpg

Yup, those articles claiming apple was cratering in China were all false, just like those articles claiming apple is cutting iPhone orders. If you looks close enough it’s clear what is actually happening in the market.

67e1c3ff96a01d68e1ff00f7dc7dcdf3.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
FFR, you are a titan of Apple market metrics. Many thanks for posting all the great information.(I probably should have put an /s after my sarcastic comment on the title of the article).

The one item I’d note is even at Apple earnings reports, Tim/Luca continue to be overtly non committal about the sales/earnings forecasts. I interpret that to mean over achieving, under achieving or just hitting Wall Street forecasts still contains too much uncertainty.
The hard metrics say big city population centers in China are skewing more and more toward IPhone. (Assuming no geopolitical craziness) Even if the economic downturn causes Apple’s business to be underwhelming in the next quarter or two, Apple’s Chinese business overall is booming with definite indicators suggesting it will continue. And it isn’t just China. Apple overall is on a multi year ‘absolutely killing it’. 1) their main product offerings are all extremely close to or are industry best (M series chip for Mac was needed). 2) Their many many year effort to keep their product offerings narrowly focused sets them miles apart from others. 3) all of it solidifies their name brand (and products) even more as a gold standard. Bad, middling or good upcoming quarter in China, what Apple has done over the past couple years is likely historically singular. I don’t see anything to suggest Apple won’t continue this (right now only off track bad executive decision making can derail it imho).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner