Cheapest way to get back to iphone coming from Android....

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the following

S21 FE
Galaxy Watch 4 Classic
Galaxy buds pro
s7 tablet (may keep)

What's the cheapest way to get back to iphone with Apple Watch? Whatever I sell for android isn't going to cover much for iphone so it's a loss. I'm getting offers or around $120 for the watch and maybe $350 if lucky for the phone, the buds? maybe $40 bucks

If I buy lets say a Iphone 12 it's gonna be around $550 used, no warranty, AW6 Nike Edition which I like $250, Airpod pros? $180 least.

Does this make sense? Or just wait till the 15 for USB-C and save up now? Android is kinda a sinking ship once you buy the resale is so low it's kinda hard to sell.

Advice?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't read like a decision for someone else to make because so many combinations can reach a same price point.

Screen size and storage have big contributions to price new and used. Whether or not you get a 5G phone could be a matter. Several past watches work still work well. Beats Fit Pro is not exactly same as AirPods Pro but have some same features, superior features, and a lower list price. A new SE watch could start you with a battery at 100% capability/capacity.

My assistant and I manage mobile stuff at scale including Android so also see total product life cycle is usually longest with Apple. If you are worried about some sort of sinking ship you could look for a carrier subsidized or promo, get new stuff or they're guaranteed used and have a good span. For example, not too long ago Verizon had truly decent deals on used iPhones that could be in a total purchase of new/better plan and a watch.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry op your not going to get much for your android gear, and it’s sale will certainly not cover getting back into the apple ecosystem, but you already knew that.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
The everyday dad Youtube does a budget Apple Ecosystem video every so often. You could check that out.
Android hardware doesn't hold secondary market value as well as Apple (AS FFR said).

Based on your post I am assuming you're not shopping with 'price is no limit, just get the very best'. So first thing I'd suggest is last year's models that are refurbished. You are looking at about 800 net cost not including tax. 1400$ (not including tax) minus 600 for the Samsung gear.

Apple Watch Series 7: 300 (Apple Store)
Iphone 13: 600 (Amazon)
Ipad 9th gen: 275 (Amazon)
AirPods Pro Gen 2: 230 (Amazon - these are new)

-I stuck to amazon and the Apple refurbished store. You can get iPad, iPhone and watch cheaper through Swappa or other sites like it. But it will be as is. Apple replaces the battery and maybe even the case. I assume Amazon has a higher standard than straight as is resale.

My guess on the Samsung gear value:
The S21 FE I believe can fetch $400+.
The Tab S7 $150
Galaxy Watch 4 Classic $50
Galaxy Buds? If you can find a friend or family member to buy them. I think these are going to be nearly valueless.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The everyday dad Youtube does a budget Apple Ecosystem video every so often. You could check that out.
Android hardware doesn't hold secondary market value as well as Apple (AS FFR said).

Based on your post I am assuming you're not shopping with 'price is no limit, just get the very best'. So first thing I'd suggest is last year's models that are refurbished. You are looking at about 800 net cost not including tax. 1400$ (not including tax) minus 600 for the Samsung gear.

-I stuck to amazon and the Apple refurbished store. You can get iPad, iPhone and watch cheaper through Swappa or other sites like it. But it will be as is. Apple replaces the battery and maybe even the case. I assume Amazon has a higher standard than straight as is resale.

The Tab S7 $150
Galaxy Buds? If you can find a friend or family member to buy them. I think these are going to be nearly valueless.

Plus one on the everyday Dad recommendation. He has a few videos on this.

delta7

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

The Tab S7 $150

Thanks for all the advice, I'm considering Iphone 12 midnight black, AW6 Nike edition and probably keeping my Beats Fit Pro and selling everything besides the Tablet which I use a bit for school.

Doesn't sound like it would cost too much, maybe 300 out of pocket.

Thanks again

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for all the advice, I'm considering Iphone 12 midnight black, AW6 Nike edition and probably keeping my Beats Fit Pro and selling everything besides the Tablet which I use a bit for school.

Doesn't sound like it would cost too much, maybe 300 out of pocket.

Thanks again

You’re welcome, best of luck on whatever you choose.
One extra piece of advice: If you do switch to Apple and you enjoy a decent music listening experience but don’t use the buds for phone calls or noise canceling or transparency or have a tendency to lose them, I think keeping galaxy buds is a solid choice. Not everyone uses these functions. But if you can squeeze it into the budget, AirPods Pro 2 is my 2022 Apple product trophy winner. They’re outstanding and the hands down best choice TWEB for an iPhone user.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You don’t need Apple earbuds. Many other brands not only cost less but also sound better.

My $99 earbuds are reviewed as the best sounding true wireless earbuds. They are good for phone calls, they provide very good noise isolation, have a transparency mode, a lost mode, and I can easily buy replacement buds or a replacement case.

Your Samsung earbuds will probably do the same thing. (I don’t use Samsung, but Bluetooth earbuds are Bluetooth earbuds, sans Apple’s ‘magic’ chip).

Personally I have a 13, but if I were buying an iPhone today, it would be either a 14 or an SE.

I have a series 7 watch. If I were buying a new one today, I’d buy a brand new SE. I find myself never using the blood oxygen or the ECG features.

Last edited:

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
You don’t need Apple earbuds. Many other brands not only cost less but also sound better.

My $99 earbuds are reviewed as the best sounding true wireless earbuds. They are good for phone calls, they provide very good noise isolation, have a transparency mode, a lost mode, and I can easily buy replacement buds or a replacement case.

Your Samsung earbuds will probably do the same thing. (I don’t use Samsung, but Bluetooth earbuds are Bluetooth earbuds, sans Apple’s ‘magic’ chip).

Personally I have a 13, but if I were buying an iPhone today, it would be either a 14 or an SE.

I have a series 7 watch. If I were buying a new one today, I’d buy a brand new SE. I find myself never using the blood oxygen or the ECG features.

Show me the link to your 99$ TWEBS that rates as the “best sounding TWEBS”.
FYI, I will also show you link to two sites that have precise technical audio tests including ANC to Transparency to Phone call conditions testing. And What I can also say is that the premium market of Apple, Sony, Bose, Samsung annihilate that low end market. ( AirPods Pro 2 wins a majority of testing and are qualifiably the best for an iPhone user).
Now I understand that great sound is in the beholder of the ear. Heavy bass is loved by some not by others, warm sound over a crisp sound etc etc. Anyone can say i love the sound best on this 50$ to 99$ TWEB market model. And a side note Credit to the Chinese industry for churning out a lot of and new models 2 or 3 times a year. But objective testing quantifying a 99$ brand being better than AirPods Pro 2, Bose, Sony, Samsung Pro 2? Don’t bet the mortgages payment on that.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

Definitely true not everyone requires apple earbuds.

But the AirPods Pro 2 are phenomenal, I doubt your “best reviewed” headsets could compare.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Who is your carrier? Check to see if there are any promotions that will allow you to trade in devices. It is worth looking into

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR